“What have happened to good service here!!”
Review of The East Village

and 1 more site!
The East Village
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Called here recently for lunch we were totally ignored we sat at a table that needed to be cleared a female staff member came over we thinking she start clearing but no passed us by changed her mind came back took the glasses and thought she be back to clear but no went behind bar to chat to another member staff and then decided to go to another table other members staff more interested on what on Tv so we decided to leave we went to Eco's got Fabulous food and service !!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Visited on a day off and was pleasantly surprised by the calibre of sandwich I received. Honey roasted ham and real cheddar with fresh chips and salad. All for less than 8 euro. I couldn't do it any damage as it was huge. Dave was as accommodating as ever recognising me after many years absense. I will make this a regular for lunch as I live locally.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Arrived to a friendly reception the room was quite small but OK for me the noise from the extractors from the kitchen was load but I got used to it and didn't notice it after awhile, had a great dinner and a good price and a great night sleep. The breakfast in the morning, Full Irish was massive and kept me going for the day - the location was good for everything around.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Nice Bar and Staff
Rooms were fine, basic but adequate
Major problem is the noise, even on a Monday night. The hotel is located in a very busy area, with a McDonalds beside it. which is open till late and on the night we stayed, and also took delivery of a 40 foot container of goods, 4 men manually in loading, which a lot of noise.
If you plan on a late night and are a sound sleeper, this is a good place to stay

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I had a surprise 50th birthday party for my husband on Sat 29th April on booking Patrick couldn't have been more helpful very informative on menu options I went with menu 3 and wow I only had 10 people and the food was plentiful and absolutely amazing they have a Fab offer at the moment where party food was half price a fantastic offer for fantastic food DJ on the night was great and also the live music a special mention to Heather to served our table a great girl super mannerly and very efficient thanks guys we have also eaten here as a family and always great food highly recommend it

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Had a nice meal here and couldn't complain at all. Food was nice and looked good on the plate!
Service was good and staff seemed pleasant enough.
There is a bar at the restaurant so I had a drink here whilst waiting.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This is my third time here but I had never had the bar food.It was also my first time here in daylight hours.The first thing that I noticed was how that the furniture looked a bit worn and dated and an archway out to the toilets was covered in dust .We avoided sitting under that.We ordered nachos for starters which were very good. I ordered spare ribs and my wife ordered the falafel vegetable burger. The spare ribs were covered with too much strong bbq sauce so no real flavour from the meat.The burger was awful it was powdery when bitten into.I don't think the dog at home would have eaten it.We did not complain as we were not sure what this type of burger should be like .we have found out since and this is not what it should have been.The waitress seeing the burger was not eaten t it off the bI'll. 10 out of 10 for that.in fact the staff were excellence and friendly but I think looking at the dirt on the higher surfaces management need to step up.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple