“Overnighter in East Village, Douglas, Cork”
Review of The East Village

and 1 more site!
The East Village
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I have been to the East Village bar many times in the past and never even knew, until recently, that they had rooms overhead. We live in Schull, Co. Cork and were just going to be in Cork City for the one night and this place was the cheapest/least expensive, so we decided to give it a go. The room was fine - nothing fantastic - but clean and an ensuite - which was a bit dated - but also clean. My husband was doing a gig elsewhere in the city, so I stayed in the bedroom reviewing stuff. There is always live music on a Saturday night, and I could hear that clearly, two floors up, but I didn't mind as I was busy. Don't be staying there on a Saturday night if you want to go to bed and sleep early - not a good idea. We had food earlier when we first arrived and that was fabulous. When my husband returned around 12.30am - we were able to have a few drinks in the upstairs bar (residents lounge after midnight, I'd say. The live music, in the downstairs bar, lasted until 1.30am or thereabouts. Douglas Village is a very lively and happening place - for the younger set - on a Saturday night. We had breakfast delivered to our room the next morning, at no extra charge. All in all, I would definitely go back at the price we were quoted. Not a luxury stay, but other than that, I can't complain. You get what you pay for, as they say....

Room Tip: Only 10 rooms. All similar.....
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Called here recently for lunch we were totally ignored we sat at a table that needed to be cleared a female staff member came over we thinking she start clearing but no passed us by changed her mind came back took the glasses and thought she be back to clear but no went behind bar to chat to another member staff and then decided to go to another table other members staff more interested on what on Tv so we decided to leave we went to Eco's got Fabulous food and service !!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Visited on a day off and was pleasantly surprised by the calibre of sandwich I received. Honey roasted ham and real cheddar with fresh chips and salad. All for less than 8 euro. I couldn't do it any damage as it was huge. Dave was as accommodating as ever recognising me after many years absense. I will make this a regular for lunch as I live locally.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Arrived to a friendly reception the room was quite small but OK for me the noise from the extractors from the kitchen was load but I got used to it and didn't notice it after awhile, had a great dinner and a good price and a great night sleep. The breakfast in the morning, Full Irish was massive and kept me going for the day - the location was good for everything around.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Nice Bar and Staff
Rooms were fine, basic but adequate
Major problem is the noise, even on a Monday night. The hotel is located in a very busy area, with a McDonalds beside it. which is open till late and on the night we stayed, and also took delivery of a 40 foot container of goods, 4 men manually in loading, which a lot of noise.
If you plan on a late night and are a sound sleeper, this is a good place to stay

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I had a surprise 50th birthday party for my husband on Sat 29th April on booking Patrick couldn't have been more helpful very informative on menu options I went with menu 3 and wow I only had 10 people and the food was plentiful and absolutely amazing they have a Fab offer at the moment where party food was half price a fantastic offer for fantastic food DJ on the night was great and also the live music a special mention to Heather to served our table a great girl super mannerly and very efficient thanks guys we have also eaten here as a family and always great food highly recommend it

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Had a nice meal here and couldn't complain at all. Food was nice and looked good on the plate!
Service was good and staff seemed pleasant enough.
There is a bar at the restaurant so I had a drink here whilst waiting.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends