“Great food”

Elbow Lane Brew and Smokehouse
Ranked #2 of 731 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: Irish, Grill, Brew Pub
Reviewed March 8, 2016

My bf and I dined here for dinner. We had no reservation but were able to have a drink while we waited around 20 minutes. The drinks were affordable (7.40 euro for a glass of wine, 2.50 Euro for a beer). We had the rib eye (20 euro) and t-bone steak (22 euro) with oyster mushrooms (5.50). The steaks were cooked well, the wine was delicious, the mushrooms were amazing. The atmosphere was very nice. Felt romantic but also nice for a dinner with friends.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed March 3, 2016

I have eaten at Elbow Lane on at least 3 occasions. The meat dishes are served with the most delicious , crunchy chips. The open fire used to cook the meat generates a lot of heat and atmosphere. The staff work as a well oiled machine, it is great to see the team work.
The only little gripe is the music is too loud during the week! Our last meal there was on a Wednesday night early evening, 7.30 and we had to battle with the music to keep the conversation going.

Date of visit: December 2015
2  Thank Phil2252
Reviewed March 2, 2016

I don;t know if i've been ruined by living in Melbourne for 5 years, but when I saw this place and heard the great reviews I was very excited. I was expecting a certain hipster vibe with great food and class service.

Unfortunately what I got were inattentive staff, more interested in chatting among themselves and a rack of ribs that did not match the price tag.

I was very disappointed because I love Market lane and Black Rock castle restaurant so I'm hoping that this was an 'off' day, however i won;t be going back. I'll stick to the better sister restaurants.

Date of visit: September 2015
2  Thank Tom P
Reviewed February 29, 2016

Absolutely loved our experience at Elbow Lane! From the moment we got our table we were treated exceptionally, our waiter was so friendly and well informed when we asked him questions. Not too long to wait for our food either, I got the steak and my husband got the rack of ribs. Hands down the BEST steak I have ever gotten, absolute melt in mouth, cooked to perfection, I was savouring every mouthful & loved the deep fried green beans! Had a lovely dessert cocktail to top it off & obviously sampled some of their beers too. Cannot wait for our next visit :)

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank Traceycork
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

Ok, so i don't do reviews as mostly restaurants are just, ok. Elbow lane however is something a bit special. Lets start with the beer, all brewed on site and also sold next door this beer is amongst the best i have had in Ireland, i had the wies, the pale ale and stout, ( foc as it was the last from the barrel wasn't quit a pint!) all of these beers had a distinct flavor and character and as they are brewed according to the Bavarian purity laws they are all cloudy. Food was just wonderful i had a fried monkfish and mussels to start then steak and then pulled pork for pudding just fab, what are you wanting for just go now!

Date of visit: February 2016