“Dinner”

Price range: US$8 - US$48
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Best Seafood Ulster 2018 Award by Good Eating Guide Donegal’s finest traditional old Irish Bar & Restaurant offers a warm welcome to visitors to Donegal Town and locals alike. The Olde Castle Bar and Restaurant Donegal is home to the finest Donegal seafood, steaks, beers, wines & whiskies – served by the O’Toole family and their team, with a smile and a Cead Mile Failte!
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Had the steak with my wife gr8 love this place. 2nd visit here and will Def go again as I love their food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,475)

Reviewed April 2, 2018

A place not to be missed when in Donegal Town, fantastic selection of food all served up in cosy traditional surroundings. One of our favourites!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely late lunch in this bar/ restaurant. The place was warm and cosy on a chilly day. The food was very good. Fish was fresh and very tasty. Good sized portions. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times. Enjoyed the food every single time. Most recent visit I had the fish and chips and it was the best fish and chips I've had in Donegal. Highly recommended. The atmosphere is really nice and the staff are all very friendly and professional. Was quite busy on my recent visit but they seemed to be managing well.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

The service and the atmosphere was good however the food was just okay for the price. I had the halibut special €27.50!!! When it came out it did not look good like it had been sitting on the plate for awhile under a heat lamp. The fish tasted okay but my sautéed potatoes were burnt and I think I was suppose to have sauce with it but it was a solid lump of butter with herbs I could not make out what it was suppose to be or how it worked with the meal. My partner had the pork belly with scallops it was dry and tasteless he was very disappointed with his meal and it was again expensive. The desserts were nice your bog standard apple pie and chocolate cake both €5.95 we had three drinks which came to a total bill of €72 which was outrageous for what we got we didn’t even have starters. Donegal Town has a lot going for it but please don’t rip off the tourists!!! Also get new menus don’t hand people tatty plastic menus and then charge them fine dining prices! I would not dine here again when visiting Donegal.