All reviews market house national holidays sister hotel public car park hen party coach tour caledonian travel town square third floor lovely town double bed hotel bar enjoyable stay course meal room was large reel inn food was lovely
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Final stop on our trip to Ireland, 1 night.

Booked on the fly, no other options available. Room was on the 4th floor, elevator to 3rd floor and had to walk up to the 4th. No AC....open windows no help. Ireland was very warm in early June, unusually warm.

No on-site parking.

Walking distance to shopping, dining and pubs. Donegal Castle short walk away.

We had dinner out, breakfast, with the room, was ok.

Overall, was just ok.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

Booked a double room in abbey hotel and for 150 euro the room was very dated and so not worth that fee .for breakfast it would have been another 10 euro each .wouldn't stay here again too expensive for 1 night

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sueshanahan68
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Interesting hotel on the square in the middle of town. Parking was a challenge but luckily we were there on a Sunday and parking was free. The room, while a little quirky was nice and overlooked the river that went through town. It was a good choice while enroute to Northern Ireland. Breakfast was a buffet but worked out well. The hotel was quite big compared to almost all the places we stayed and was hosting a 'country music weekend' so it was crowded. It also appeared to cater to the 'bus tour' crowd. €139 ($164) per night.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Large hotel right in the middle of town. Convenient to everything. Parking is about 2 blocks away, pay for it at the hotel. Our room was very large. We obviously were upgraded because a problem with the first room being located by an elevator that wasn't working. Bathroom had all been updated but the mattress was pretty bad(very old). When I went to check out the desk clerk mentioned that I had 2 purchases at the bar the night before. The problem was I had never even set foot in the bar. He showed me the signed tabs and it wasn't even close to my signature. He took them off my bill. The breakfast was just mediocre. My only real complaint would have been lack of anything to sit on while waiting in the lobby for the rest of the people we were traveling with. I'm assuming this was done to prevent any loitering.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the town square and it as very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, great wee bar. Just grabbed something off the menu and caught the game. Haven’t stayed there yet, but wouldn’t rule it out. Donegal is probably the most beautiful of all the counties. I’d recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends