“Fab place to stay”

The Lombard Townhouse
Ranked #61 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I read the reviews on tripadvisor before the arrival so I was aware of the issues some of the peole had in the past, like dirty towels, that was worrying me, BUT when we were there the towels were nice and clean and the staff were friendly and helpful, providing an iron when we asked.
These room are styled like a boutique hotel, dark wooden floors, massive bed with white crispy sheets, stone tiled bathroom, but at a very affordable price! We apid about £80 pnpr on expedia.
You can use the wifi in the room, passw is provided.
We were on the second floor, room number 7, and didn't find facing the street noisy at all. It was actually very cosy and quiet, we didn't even hear the neighbours.
What is great about the location is that you can walk to to temple bar area and it's a nice walk, passing some pubs on the way too... On the other side is the canal and we walked around there as well.
Make sure you check out Queen of Hearts for a brunch, a bit of a walk, but worth it. We also went to a wholesome food place few times- called KC Peaches, which is great if you like unusual salads and cakes,28 Nassau st.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Blueboar1906

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed here for long weekend, was perfect. City in walking distance, friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, good pubfood.

No five star hotel, but a very Cosy townhouse. I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Just back from my second visit to the Lombard, its great place to base yourself.
Most places of interest are within easy walking. I travelled with my friend, his first time in Dublin and he loved it.
We stayed in room four on the first floor, no issues with the room at all.
It was spotlessly clean on arrival and was in addition cleaned everyday of our stay.
Would highly recommend the Lombard to anyone who isn’t high maintenance, in a word it’s a great location, with good rooms over a good pub, simple.

Room Tip: Room 4, goos size.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank joek880
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Our room was fine though the outside street noise, both traffic and people, caused problems with sleeping. We had dirty towels in our room when we arrived which were replaced pretty quickly. The shower head was very touchy and difficult to control. The most disappointing thing was that we were unable to have breakfast either morning due to the late serving time--9:30 or 9:40 we were told. We left a note asking for a refund for that part of our bill but never received a response. We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kglen1
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I've stayed in all types of hotels all over Europe and North America and I have learned to always plan ahead and know what to expect in order to get the most out of my experiences, so when I arrived at The Lombard for my stay I had a great time because these expectations were met. This is definitely a Townhouse and not a Hotel, so if you are expecting 24 hour staff, room service, a concierge, etc. then this is not for you. If on the other hand you are looking for somewhere with a great location, friendly and knowledgable staff, clean rooms, great showers, provided basic amenities (like shampoo/conditioner/shower gel, a hair dryer, tea and kettle etc), and a price that doesn't rob you out of house and home, then this is the place for you. I would recommend this for couples and friends on trips together but not for families--it is great for people who aren't looking to spend any large spans of time in their hotel on their trip. For the price I was honestly pleasantly surprised to find such great modern bathrooms, hardwood floors, and daily housekeeping service. The man who owns this place is obviously trying really hard to make his business work and cares immensely about his customers and in this day and age I think that is a great and honorable thing--he let my friend and me check in at 8am when we arrived and didn't charge extra. I would recommend this Townhouse and I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor because their is no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mahudson20
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The Lombard is located just adjacent to Trinity College, and as such, is a great location for tourists. The rooms are small, but quite comfortable and clean. We had no problem with a late check in (midnight) and there is a pub attached to the rooms at the ground floor.

Given the location (heart of the city and over a pub), I was pleasantly surprised that the rooms were quite reasonably quiet. I think there is nothing absolutely quiet in a city, but the Lombard is built of sturdy stuff and kept most of the noise at bay.

We brought our car into Dublin city, which I would suggest is a poor idea. Parking around the Lombard is quite expensive and confusing. We were only staying two nights, but in hindsight, should have taken public transport from the airport and picked up our rental car as we were leaving the city.

Minor point, the pub doesn't open for breakfast until 9:00am. There are other options, but if you are looking for an early morning, be sure to have a plan for a place to go for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank reynardridge
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We are just back from our stay at the Lombard. We were impressd with the website and the price, that we were given inclusive when we paid upfront for the room. On the saturday morning we came down at 9:30 to find the pub floor being cleaned - the manager grudgingly served us breakfast amidst this (the food was actually very good however). The next morning - Sunday - the whole place was shut. There was no-one to help us and no chance of getting the breakfast we had paid for.

On top of this the pub alarm went off continuously from around 6am right outside our window.

The room itself was perfectable acceptable for the money and the bathroom and shower brilliant. Location was good. But service really let them down.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends