All reviews boiled eggs bed female dorm common room temple bar yogurt great location bed room free breakfast private bathroom ha'penny bridge your luggage common areas quiet at night wi fi stayed here for nights trinity college central location
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

If you don’t want to check out and check in again for your second night, do not book here.

Got a consective booking confirmed 3 weeks ago, but when I checked in today, was informed that it is a split booking on their end.

They claimed the systemed offer the arrangement as I booked too late, but since I was never informed beforehand, I can only speculate the worst that I received inferior option as I’m not Caucasian.

In the end, neither the hostel nor the booking agent was able to give me an reasonable alternative option, just saying “take back the money and you can find somewhere else” (as nowhere budget would be available at this point) and the hostel refuse to make any conpensation or an effort to ensure I can have a swift changing (have to put all my things into luggage room and redo the bedsheet again)

Really frustrated to get such treatment in a country famous for hospitality.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Abigails as kind of a last resort as everywhere else was booked up for Ed Sheeran. My prejudice views on hostels were completely changed as i was so surprised at how clean and friendly it was. The staff were lovely and helpful. We paid a little extra for a private room which was neat and spacious. Its location is excellent as its right on the canal and a corners turn away from all the main bars and pubs. Will definitely be returning, and not as a last resort next time.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aimee B
Reviewed May 16, 2018

while in Ireland, this was the nicest hostel I stayed in. I was in a 6 bed female dorm, the bathrooms were in the room, the shower had a great water pressure and they had a tub with lots of space to place our things. The beds were comfy and clean and they provide free ear plugs if needed.Each bed has their own charging ports and light and little shelf to place small items. The location made it easy to get to the bars as well. Overall, one of the cleanest and most comfortable hostels I've stayed in. The staff was also very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2018

I'm definitely not a "youth hostel" person, but the location of Abigail's was superb. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of security, both into reception and again into the lift for the bedrooms. We were there at the weekend, and there was a lot of noise from other guests, at all hours of the night, but that's hardly the fault of management. Hair dryer supplied, no parking, but easily accessible to all tourist spots in Dublin. The whole area was well-lit, and we never felt in danger at all. Also, the bathroom had the best water-pressure in Ireland!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

I suppose when you are expecting the worst the only way is up. But I had such a great time here and met some great people it was a far better experience than staying in a hotel.
We booked the 12 bed mixed dorm and there was just me and my friend sharing a bunk. You are given bedding and make your own bed which you can also choose when you go in the room. There was 2 toilets and 2 showers between us 12. We had such a laugh getting ready and listening to music and hearing everyone's experiences it really made the trip one to remember. The staff at the front desk are young and helpful (most of the time, there's always one) and in the evenings people lounge around the communal area drinking playing games and chilling out. Our second night most of our roomies had changed and were not there for the wild nights out in Dublin like ourselves. This didn't cause any problems they went to bed as we were getting ready to leave and the light above your bed / your phone help to not to disturb anyone on your stumble home.
Breakfast was good to say it's £21 a night. There's toast, jam, yoghurt, boiled eggs and cereal. There's also a fully functional kitchen and people were cooking their own dinner.
There's straighteners and a hairdryer that are around 50 cent to use in the downstairs bathroom.

Tiny problems were - one shower flooded the tray, so I used the other one and got locked in it because I wasn't tall enough to reach over and push the door.

Aside from that the location is great your on the river, a supermarket 2 doors down and the crazy temple bar just behind you.

I will 100% be back to Abigail's!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends