“Good Value for Dublin”

Ranked #27 of 112 Speciality Lodging in Dublin
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
“Good Value for Dublin”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights in a private room with an ensuite bathroom and were quite impressed with this hostel. We've stayed in a lot of hostels across Europe and this is probably the second best that we've stayed at.

Lots of activities, free breakfast, staff was helpful, cheap shuttle to the airport which was nice considering we had a super early flight to catch. The location is a bit south of the main part of the city center, but still within a 10 minute walk. There is also an Eddie Rockets hamburger chain and plenty of pubs within a short walk of the hostel. The room was basic, but clean and seemed to be renovated recently. The only negative of the trip was someone doing a bit of construction work inside the hostel on a Saturday morning around 8am. Probably not the best idea and a bit annoying, but other than that our stay was great. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MPayne13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed here with 24 mates on a stag doo. The hostel was great - free wifi, shuttle bus to airport, help yourself breakfast with awesome pancakes at teh weekend. Good location to head into the city and sample some less touristy pubs. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

Rooms were clean and basic but had everything you need and ensuite.

Definitly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The staff was nice enough, but the rooms were terribly noisy (both because of doors banging within the hostel and because the hostel is located right behind a club, so you get loud drunks walking and hanging out by your window every night all night long until morning; another ridiculously noisy thing was, of all things, the shower), and the rooms had no lockers. If you're going on tours, the closest pickup spot is almost a mile away, which wouldn't be too bad if you didn't have to make it there before 7 am three days in a row.

The worst thing was, in my opinion, was the ridiculous change in room rates depending on where you book or the day of the week. The rooms are clean, free wifi is always a plus, the freebies are okay (though you do have to fight hordes of other hungry guests to get to them), and as I said, the staff was nice, but I personally doubt I'd choose to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Attard, Malta
Reviewed 14 February 2012

the hostel is centrally located, clean, staff very helpful. Very equipped kitchen which also includes dish washers. Tea & coffee available 24 hours. Continental breakfast included. Staff organise a daily event such as a free meal and a welcome drink. The hostel offers free wifi and free skype phone.

Family from Malta

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed here on my first night on recent trip to Dublin... and that night I left my wallet in a taxi. Jet-lagged and disoriented from my flight from California that day, I really needed some help, and these guys stepped right in. All of the receptionists (since I spent basically 24 hours bugging them for help, I met most of them) were really helpful, sympathetic, encouraging, and friendly. Ireland is kind of like that in general I find, but it can be tough to find in a big city. These guys printed taxi company and garda station contact info for me, and let me use the phone and internet for free (since I had 2 Euros to my name...), and most importantly, provided some much-needed moral support. I am so, so grateful to all of them.

Aside from that, there is a great full kitchen, and free continental breakfast. The rooms are clean and inviting. They have free WiFi, and a free Skype phone that calls many countries around the world (including the US... super helpful when I had to cancel all my credit cards and have a friend wire me some money). It's centrally located, too; just a couple minutes' walk from Stephen's Green.

They have activities and gatherings, but it wasn't an over-the-top crazy backpacker haven, either; I'd say the guests were on the mellower side, for a hostel, which I like, since I'm in my late 20s.

Overall, a great place to stay, if you're traveling on a budget!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa H
Cutigliano, Italy
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The hostel is really centrally located: you can walk in a few minutes to Temple Bar, Grafton Street and Trinity College.
The guys of the staff are fantastic. The rooms are very clean, cleaned up every morning and washrooms are very clean too.
The staff organizes events every day in the common hall, so is very easy to meet new friends.
Oh, the common hall: it is very big and comfortable and the kitchen is perfect! Breakfast is great. Fantastic hostel!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Brasília, Brasil
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I had a great experience staying at this hostel, really recommend to backpackers who travel on a tight budget, but still want to have the best time in Dublin.

The location was good. Close to pubs, nightclubs, restaurants and in a walking distance to Stephen's Green.

I stayed in a 4 person room and it was absolutely comfortable and clean. One other thing that was a great surprise was the kitchen! Lots of space, well-equipped and clean.

The staff was very helpful. The front desk girl recommend us a few pubs and restaurants near the hostel and also indicated some tours around town.

Definitely one of the best hostels that i've ever stayed in! :)

Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
latestviking, General Manager at Times Hostels - Camden Place, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Thanks for your feedback! We're happy you enjoyed your time here with us and we hope to see you next time.