“Soooooo good, I went twice in one week”
Review of IL VICOLETTO

IL VICOLETTO
Ranked #79 of 2,864 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Temple Bar
Description: Please Note that we're open 7 days a week despite any hours published on this forum .We strongly recommend you to visit our website ,as on our website any information is correct.For reservations please contact directly the restaurant or else you may email us directly on our email address .Please be aware that we don''t take responsibility for third parties reservations ( i.E online websites featuring restaurants including this forum also) as none of them are employed by us. In order to avoid any confusion or disappointment please contact the restaurant directly with accurate and detailed contact informations. Regards , the management
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I had never been to this Italian restaurant on Crow St, Tempke Bar but when a friend was home frm New York, this restaurant was chosen. Initially it feels quite small but this actually added to its charm (that along with the Italian staff who were so welcoming and informative. Bruschetta was the starter of choice for 3 of the group but I chose oven baked layered aubergine followed by Seabass. OMG simply delicious. So delicious, I brought a different group there last night and we ALL had the seabass. They were very impressed. You need to book as it fills up really quickly and the turnaround of tables is impressive. GO

4  Thank Marge L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed March 29, 2018

This is how a small restaurant should be, Only 30 covers but just right, We choose off the set menu which was good value for money with food cooked to order, The wine a little bit expensive but all alcohol in Dublin is. Good tip book early as not many seats

3  Thank julianbenton
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

This place is great, nice food, good wines
Me and fiancé always enjoy when we come in here is perfect, customer service is good too.
Just the restaurant is little small that when is full basically is difficult to move but is not a big issue.

3  Thank Schneider Micha... J
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Place is tiny and full so make sure you will book a table. Helpful and friendly stuff. Try their ragu and chocolate fondant - you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Magdalena U
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I grew up in an Italian family, and have had the pleasure of travelling to Italy, but this often makes my standards for Italian food abnormally high. Having an Italian grandfather does that!
But Il Vicoletto exceeded my expectations. I stopped in on a rainy March night on my own, expecting a wait. Though they were quite full and had incoming reservations, they made enough room for me to sit and enjoy a meal. As soon as you step in it feels like you're back in Italy. The atmosphere is welcoming and the smell is truly mouthwatering.
I sat in the back and had come for the vongole. But alas, there were no fresh clams. My lovely waitress was quick to offer substitutions, I still was able to get the vongole style-pasta but with mussels instead.
The pasta was absolutely incredible and only enhanced the atmosphere. As did the wine choice, which I'd left in the hands of my waitress. The fresh bread with oil and balsamic brought me back to my grandmother's table as a child. A simple meal, yet delicious.
Though I had not expected to go out at all tonight, my decision to come here was one of the best I could have made and left me with a sense of satisfaction that only true Italian food can provide.

2  Thank KatieS2205