“Delicious”

Price range: US$13 - US$65
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dublin's original steakhouse with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years of serving the perfect steak. We change our menus each season to reflect the best that Irish produce has to offer and to ensure the highest quality of local fresh seafood. We offer an informed wine list to meet all budgets and an extensive selection of cocktails and spirits. We are also open for weekday for lunch serving health and tasty dishes at very reasonable prices. The way in which we guarantee the highest quality in beef in both texture and flavour is by choosing Irish beef and the highest grade of traditional breeds of cattle. At F.X.BUCKLEY our prime cuts are hung on the bone at 4°C and at 80% humidity for a minimum of 28 days. Storing meat for several weeks where it can loose up to 16% of it's weight involves considerable expertise so all F.X.BUCKLEY butchers are specifically trained for the process. The benefit for our patrons is to experience the concentration and saturation of natural meat flavours and superior tenderness. Hence why you will hear experts use terms such as "buttery and rich", and "earthy and nutty" to describe our dry-aged beef.
Reviewed November 3, 2014

Ate here recently and was plesantly surprised - I'm not much of a meat eater so I was a little dubious but my fears were unfounded. We had a set private dining menu but even that offered plenty of choice. I had the goats cheese salad to start which was lovely and the portion was very generous. Other starters such as the black pudding croutons and the smoked salmon also went down well with friends. I had the hake for my main course which again was delicious and came beautifully presented. I think I was the only one at the table who didn't have steak and everyone commented on the quality of the meat. We were a large party and the service was excellent throughout, except perhaps for a small delay in bringing out the main courses. There are plenty of gluten free options to choose from and the waitress was very helpful when I asked for her assistance on this. Will certainly be returning!

Reviewed November 2, 2014

We went for the lunchtime special, 4 of us had 2 courses, drinks and teas/coffees and it only cost €115. That is a real bargain for the quality of the steak.

I would highly recommend this place, the fridge full of aged steak shows you the quality of the meat when you first walk in.

Thanks for a delicious meal

1  Thank Ifarmery
Reviewed October 31, 2014

One of the best steaks I've ever had. I wish I'd taken a picture so that you could see how amazing the steak looked. Medium-Rare of course, and it tasted amazing. Usually I'm not a massive fan of steak because it can be very hit-and-miss. Sometimes it's fatty or not cooked how I’ve asked. Some restaurants have a different idea of what is medium or what is rare. This was not the case here, my steak was done perfectly and it was flawless.

We had the set menu which was 30 Euro for 3 courses. You only have 4 dishes to choose from for each course but there's something for everyone. I had the flambéed kidneys starter while my other half had the soup of the day which I think was carrot and pepper. Both were very nice and the sauce that the kidneys were served in was gorgeous. The kidneys were a bit too chewy for my liking though.

The main was a 10oz 32 day dry aged rump steak. Mine came with homemade fries but you could have mashed potato or salad. I really can’t compliment the steak any more. You have to try one! For dessert I had a double chocolate tart with bourbon vanilla ice cream. I really liked the dessert and it went down very well following the steak.

My only complaint would be the service. Overall it was good but there was a lack of personal service. We had at least 5 different waiters/waitresses. One brought the menus, a different one brought our drinks, another brought the mains, etc. etc. They were all very pleasant but it felt like it was lacking a personal touch. Other than that everything else was brilliant. There was a nice atmosphere and the restaurant was a nice place to be. I especially loved the door handles that had been crafted from meat cleavers.

If you visit Dublin and love steak, you have to visit F.X. Buckley, it’s that simple! Take plenty of money though because it will get expensive if you veer away from the set menu.

Reviewed October 29, 2014 via mobile

I brought my family here for dinner recently and we were impressed with the evening we had. Three of us went for steak - rib eye, sirloin and fillet - and each cut was delicious. The fish dishes were also excellent. The restaurant is good value considering the quality of the steak and there is also a set 30e menu which has a good offering.

Reviewed October 29, 2014

Ordered a fillet steak with pearl onions and red wine jus and mushrooms - jus was overpowering. Mash was underwhelming. The place is quite overpriced and doesn't do great justice to your experience really.