“Unmatched quality of beef, warm and welcoming staff”

F.X. Buckley Pembroke St
Ranked #84 of 2,830 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$13 - US$65
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dublin's original steakhouse with the experience and knowledge of over 25 years of serving the perfect steak. We change our menus each season to reflect the best that Irish produce has to offer and to ensure the highest quality of local fresh seafood. We offer an informed wine list to meet all budgets and an extensive selection of cocktails and spirits. We are also open for weekday for lunch serving health and tasty dishes at very reasonable prices. The way in which we guarantee the highest quality in beef in both texture and flavour is by choosing Irish beef and the highest grade of traditional breeds of cattle. At F.X.BUCKLEY our prime cuts are hung on the bone at 4°C and at 80% humidity for a minimum of 28 days. Storing meat for several weeks where it can loose up to 16% of it's weight involves considerable expertise so all F.X.BUCKLEY butchers are specifically trained for the process. The benefit for our patrons is to experience the concentration and saturation of natural meat flavours and superior tenderness. Hence why you will hear experts use terms such as "buttery and rich", and "earthy and nutty" to describe our dry-aged beef.
Reviewed July 30, 2015

I made it a point to book a reservation here well in advance of our trip. I have always loved expanding the repertoire of finer steakhouses at which I've dined, and was eager to add Buckley's to the list. There are several locations in Dublin, however, we were able to walk from the Shelburne on St Stephen's green to this location in about 5-7 minutes, hence our choice of this venue. The first and most prominent point of this review is the unique quality of beef FX Buckley's offers. This is immediately evident within the first bite (I had the ribeye and tried the porterhouse and sirloin). I think this is likely attributable to both Ireland's vast variety and selection of cows, coupled with their team of expert butchers and chefs. The sides and drinks are also absolutely delectable. At one point, we were asked if we would be willing to shift over to a neighboring booth so that the staff could begin setting up for a large party. They had been so friendly that we were happy to do this, and had already finished eating. Even so, the manager came out and brought us all shots of limoncello to thank us, which left a really strong, positive impression on us. Really a wonderful experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2015

Went there on a Saturday with prior reservation. Had the 16 oz Sirloin which was great. Cooked to perfection. The sauteed onions were good as well. And the french fries were mediocre.

Reviewed July 28, 2015

Wandered here on a Saturday night. It was busy and we hadn't booked but they were so accommodating and managed to sort a table out for us. We had the chateaubriand, which was amazing. Was pretty noisy and boisterous due to a couple of large tables, but this did not detract from the brilliant service and totally fabulous food and wine.

Reviewed July 24, 2015

Their beef is superb and they know how to cook and rest it properly. I order the rib eye every time. It's pretty much perfect. I've had the version on the bone but I personally don't think the bone adds anything except for looking fantastic. Service is always excellent and you can see they do things the right way when the restaurant is packed on a weekday night. The servers are passionate and knowledgeable. Make sure you book. I really just wish they cooked on charcoal or wood. That'd put the place over the top in terms of amazingness. The decor is really cool and the atmosphere is lively but still great for couples. I highly recommend this place! Best steak house in Dublin.

Reviewed July 23, 2015

My friend from Rotterdam was visiting me as i've moved to Dublin from Rotterdam 2 years ago. Both her and i are world travelers and we both share the love for traveling, food and wine.
I've been to many FX Buckley restaurants in Dublin and not once have they disappointed me.
It was an amazing treat for a steak lover like us. The restaurant has an intimate atmosphere, the staff is friendly and funny (like most Irish), the menu was simply perfect and the quality of the food is high.
Overall this is definitely the best steakhouse in Europe!