“Good location , great rooms, excellent service”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Lima, Peru
“Good location , great rooms, excellent service”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Just came back from a busuness trip to Dublin and stayed at the Gibson Hotel. Just a short taxi ride from the airport ( 17 euros) and located next to the Port and the O2 Arena. Very nice rooms , well equipped , good food, and service at the Hotel. You can get the Luas, tram service , and be downtown in 5 minutes.
Dublin is a well organized city with a lot of History. Get in one of the two companies that offer tours in a double decker bus for 16 euros ,and the pass will be good for two days. Lots of free admision museums and beautiful citu to walk too.

Room Tip: Only 4 floors , I had a nice well iluminated room facin into an interior garden. All rooms are far...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. It is imperative that we receive as much feedback as possible in order to continually improve our service offering. If there is any other aspect of your that you would like to discuss in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (764)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Donegal
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed in the Gibson Hotel for 1 night while we attended a concert in the O2. We arrived early & were met by 2 lovely friendly & smiling girls on the desk. Checkin was fast & efficient & what's more our room was ready which was great. Room was lovely, clean & very modern we had a balcony overlooking the O2 which was fab. We had lunch in the hemidemisemiquaver bar, the food is Asian themed but was absolutely fantastic, very tasty & plenty on offer. Dinner that night was also excellent 2 course menu €24 & we couldn't fault the food or service. Breakfast was lovely too although service wasn't great. All in all a fantastic hotel great location & friendly staff. Would definately have no problem returning to this hotel but next time stay a little longer. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank ShamMarie

cork
Reviewed 8 March 2012

we availed of the valentines package and were gobsmacked at the wonderful food, staff, room and general loveliness of the experience.we were going to a concert at the o2 and the convenience of staying here has spoiled us for other hotels options in the city.we brought our 3 1/2 year old with us and the staff were so nice as he was a bit sick after the drive from cork.it is a bright, spacious, clean new hotel with the staff wearing very snappy suits which is a nice professional touch.the quality of the food is super with really good quality meat especially noticeable at breakfast which usually consists of cheapo sausages etc but not here.we would defo come back again.the only minus was that the bathroom door wouldn't close(room 329) and the water leaks out of the shower tray which we had to mop up with the towels so it wouldn't get to the carpet!besides that tiny minus this is an amazing amazing hotel and we look forward to staying again

Room Tip: we had room 329 which opens onto the internal courtyard which was fab especially if you smoke as you...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank coleendelux

Tipperary
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Have stayed in the Gibson 8 times since April 2008. I simply won't stay anywhere else now when I have the chance to go on a break away. This place should be a 5 star hotel. Everything about it is top class. The lobby, rooms, service, decor. Everything is fab. The shower is the Best thing about the hotel!

We stayed in a junior suite on the 5th floor for a special occassion and the room was fab. Great balcony and view but missed the huge shower.

Only thing I would change is the menu in the bar. It needs more dishes and more variety. Try the caeser salad with chicken. Amazing!

Great hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Couple2722

Ireland
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I booked a late deal at his hotel and I got a great deal with breakfast. The area around the point village is a little run down and shabby but the same cannot be said for the hotel! It was absolutely beautiful. Relaxing and chilled out are two good words for this hotel.
The luas stops literally outside the door which is very convenient. There is parking but costs 14 euro over night which is a little steep. The next morning I paid a little extra for breakfast in the room and it was well worth it! Only gripe was the aircon at night. The room was unbearably hot so I switched on the aircon. It was like having an engine running in my room all night. the noise if it was so so loud I couldnt sleep......Pity as it was the only downside to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the courtyard have a much nicer view.....
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Butterfly1313

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stay in the Gibson for work 3-4 times a month for work. It goes without saying that I think it must be good if I keep going back.

As everyone says the location is great, beside the Luas with great access to the O2. For me though it's the comfort and peace and quiet that i like. The rooms are fantastic - they actually look like the photos on the Internet, showers are great & wifi is handy

I seldom eat in the hotel. At this stage I'm bored of room service so try to eat before I get home, but what I have had has always been nice!

The only issue I have with the hotel is parking, there is an overnight rate in the car park but would love if it was just included in the price. But I suppose that can't be expected in a city centre hotel!

The bit that always makes my stay really pleasant though are the staff. All a wonderful bunch. Friendly, helpful and brilliant at what they do, a great representation of a great hotel!

If you want a comfy night within reach of the city, I'd highly recommend the Gibson !

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank gerhealyjnr

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Just had a weekend at the Gibson Hotel, Dublin to go to a concert in the O2. Perfect location for this but a 10 to 15 minute walk to go anywhere else. Rooms are fantastically large, with modern decor and roomy en-suites. Reception staff were really helpful and friendly and will definitely look into staying there again, even if not going to a concert. The food is good too with great views over the docks and O2 arena, and it serves food late into the night. A bit pricey though at about 100GBP per room per night, not including breakfast! Shop nearby though to get fresh baked croissants and bread from their bakery! All-in-all a lovely hotel, if a little expensive.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple