“Great, modern hotel great location”
Review of The Gibson Hotel

The Gibson Hotel
Ranked #22 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Great, modern hotel great location”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Just got back from a Easter weekend to Dublin with my friend. We stayed at this hotel after looking at all the good reviews on trip adviser. When we arrived we were checked in by friendly staff who reccomended things we could do the following day, our room was clean, fresh clolurs and a good size.
The batroom was lovely and modern with 2 showers one of them a rain shower!!! We had breakfast at the hotel which was nice we didn't bother going for the buffet on offer we ordered from the menu which was cheaper and good portion size, the omlette was great very filling and tasty, the french toast was also divine. We also had dinner at the restaurant on 2 nights on the first night we had a squid starter stuffed with feta cheese i'm still thinking of it now it was lovely then the cajun salmon was moist and tasty. The only fault was the goose fat potatoes they were quite soggy with oil not crispy but that was the only fault.
The second time we had dinner was on Sunday when the restaurant is closed which we found strange so we had food at the bar area, the food again was lovely good portion sizes get your value for money. Easy transport links outside the hotel in a quiet location, there is a cinema next door also if you fancy catching a film.

all in all i had a great time and i will be returning to the Gibson hotel again for sure

Room Tip: Use air coach to get to hotel its much cheaper then a cab and runs all day and night 7 euros each wa...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear “Capricorn 2011”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant experience on your visit to our hotel. I will be sure to pass on all your comments to our Head Chef who will be very pleased to hear them. Our restaurant currently does not open on Sundays or Mondays and I do hope that this was not an inconvenience for you. I am also glad that you were able to benefit from our location and it made getting around quite easy for you. I am delighted that you intend on returning to the gibson hotel and if I can assist you with planning this, or with any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

gcallinan@thegibsonhotel.ie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Haddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed 3 nights for a trip to Dublin with two trips to the O2 in early March. Check in was so good - the girl on reception was really welcoming and friendly, and gave us a map and directions to an exhibition we wanted to see in Dublin - she even googled it to check where it was and what the opening times were for us! The location of the hotel is brilliant - right next to the O2 and the Luas stop is right outside - about 10 mins to city.

We had croissants and coffee in the bar when we arrived - beautifully presented. The room was great, a balcony outside (not great views but still nice to get outside for air)) and a fantastic bathroom. We ate one night in the bar and one night in the restaurant - both excellent - really stylish and the service was faultless. The menus were a little bit limited, but great quality. We particularly liked the 'late food' idea in the bar - after both of the O2 concerts we came back to the hotel bar and had a wee late night snack. I went with my daughter who is a teenager, but it seemed to me like a really family friendly hotel. On the Friday night there was a dj in the bar playing some great music for all tastes. The staff were unbelievably good - all of them. They seemed happy at their work, which is great to see. Management should commend the staff for providing such a first class service to guests - as reading other reviews here before we went it would apppear the staff are a particular strength of this hotel.

We had a room only rate so didn't have breakfast. For the room we had, and the whole hotel experience, I think this is an outstanding hotel and great value. We plan to return to Dublin in the future and we wouldn't go anywhere else. There is a relaxation zone which hasn't opened yet, when it does I think this will be the perfect hotel. I'm just worried The Gibson is going to get so popular we won't get in!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear “Franklin19”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your very kind comments. We continually strive to improve our service and it is extremely pleasing to hear such positive feedback. I am delighted that you will be returning to the hotel in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist you with any requests or with any enquiry.

cork
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We have stayed here on numerous occasions and I had been meaning to leave a response. We stayed this weekend and again its so modern and clean I just adore it.

However the pillows are not great which is a huge thing when you are staying in a hotel, we seemed to have slept well the other times we stayed but this time the pillows were flat - I love and adore the pillows in Bewleys hotels they are made from hollowfibre material and its gas it keeps bringing me back there because of the pillows and duvets.

anyway continuing with the gibson the staff are lovely and the rooms I just cant say enough good things about them. The breakfast we got was amazing a HUGE selection to chose from.

The food in the hotel itself is not fantastic its ok.

will definitely be returning I love it!

thanks gibson hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “corkgiry”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel again and for taking the time to post a review. I have noted your comments regarding our pillows and have passed them on to our accommodation manager who will follow up on this. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and our breakfast selection so much. We look forward to welcoming you back to the gibson hotel again and if you would like to discuss any other aspects of your stay or if you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Without a doubt the best hotel I've ever stayed in while in Dublin (I've stayed in a lot!). The location which is right next to the Luas line makes it the ideal base to travel around the city & see the sights! The staff were incredibly helpful & polite and although the bar was extremely busy due to the Il Divo concert, staff were efficient & very helpful.

I would definitely rate this as one of the best in the city & I will certainly return.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank pstylist
Dear “pstylist”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel again and for taking the time to post your review. Thank you also for your very nice comments regarding the hotel and the team, which I will be sure to pass on. It is very pleasing to see that you rate our hotel so highly and I am delighted that you intend to return to us. If I can assist you in planning any such trips or with any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

drogheda
Reviewed 7 April 2012

i stayed in the Gibson for one night because I was going to a concert at the O2, which is right beside the hotel. I have to say that I was blown away with this hotel. The staff are all very friendly and cannot do enough for you. The room was bright, clean and had everything you might need. I thought that a fridge in the room was very good, not to mention a kettle for the cup of coffee you need after a shopping trip.
The room service food was very good, and the breakfast was better than most hotels I have stayed in.
There was no noise from outside at night, and the Luas stop is beside the hotel, which means you are in the city centre in just 5 minutes.
I have just cancelled my booking at another hotel in Dublin for next month when I am attending a conference, and have booked the Gibson, which will now be my hotel of choice in Dublin.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “wardlawlifecoach”,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. I am very happy to see that you had such a positive experience whilst staying with us. I am delighted that you found all the hotel amenities and our team to your satisfaction and it is very pleasing that we are now your hotel of choice. We look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel next month, and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Looked lovely from the outset, checked in, very helpful receptionest. Went to our room, NO view, Put at the back of the building looking out to a building not being used. The curtains hanging off the railing, I had to put 4 hooks back up. Cobwebs in the corner of the windows. The bathroom has a side panel viewing from the shower into the bedroom, NOT much privacy at all. We went to the restaurant/bar for some food before the show, we asked to see both menus, not much at all on the menus to be honest, asian style food 4 choices to choose from much of a choice really. when we got the food it was 5/6 prawns and much else I got rice and friend got chips. The price of the food was certainly not worth it. The staff were friendly but that was about it.
We rang for milk for tea which we never recieved either.
When we checked out we were not even asked how we found the room, service or anything.
I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jlyn1974
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear “jlyn1974”,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was very surprised and disappointed when reading your comments to hear of your experience whilst staying at the gibson hotel. We aspire to the highest possible standards of service and cleanliness, but on this occasion it appears we have failed and for this I apologise on behalf of the entire team. I am delighted that you have decided to return to the hotel and afford us the opportunity to provide you with a memorable experience for all the right reasons. In the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed for the second time and nothing has changed. Very good hotel and perfect for business or pleasure in Dublin

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank cradlejack1
GCallinan, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear “cradlejack1”,
Thank you for your choosing to stay with us at the gibson hotel and for taking the time to post your review. Your kind comments are much appreciated and I am delighted that you have had a similar great experience to your previous stay. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.