5,340 results
All reviews city centre point village relaxation area modern hotel port tunnel great hotel concert goers luas stop tram line bar food residents bar third floor executive room following morning would highly recommend this hotel hotel bar o'connell street
Reviewed May 10, 2018

I had stayed in this hotel for a night recently as I was meant to be going to a music even in Dublin (more on that later) which was unfortunately cancelled, at any rate I used my booking as an excuse to spend a night in Dublin.

The hotel is situated directly across from the 3 Arena in Dublin and also "the point" luas stop which is on the red line luas route, making this hotel perfect for gig-goers and also those just looking for a handy base in Dublin.

The hotel itself is very modern, bright and clean, and whilst not directly in the center of town the venue itself more than makes up for it.

I usually stay at hotels such as premier inn when in a city but got a good deal on the Gibson, it is more pricey than the typical budget hotels but not extortionately so and quite a lot is included in the price.

The room itself was fairly big, airy and modern, the bed was large and comfortable and the room even had a window which could be opened (a lot of hotels don't) in terms of extras the room had a decent tv package as standard and included masses of hidden storage space for clothes etc, most impressive perhaps was that the room had it's own iron and board, mini fridge and safe, all of which were already in the room with no additional cost for use, this was huge as I feel a lot better being able to keep valuables in a safe, and bottles of water (of which I drink many) cool in a fridge.

The standard wi-fi was also pretty good!

Onto the morning and the room had a very nice bathroom with a fantastic shower, we then went onto breakfast which was a typical self serve buffet type scenario, it was however one of the finest hotel breakfasts of this type I'd ever had, much was on offer which usually would not be (cheeses, deli meats to name a few)

Overall I rate this hotel very highly and will absolutely consider it on future trips to Dublin.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thegibsonhotel, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Dear Cuppa90

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the gibson and for your 5 star rating.

Myself and the team were delighted that we continue to offer exceptional quality, service and value to our guests every day and thank you for the recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for another great stay.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

I was here for a morning business conference. The room was nicely laid out. Good coffee, nice pastries. No windows but I didn't really notice. I thought the room was a bit too warm.

Interesting that the reception is on the third floor. There's an escalator or you can go up in the glass lift with views outside - just like in "First Dates Ireland".

The hotel is not quite in the city centre but the Luas (tram) stops right outside the front door and it's 5 minutes into the city.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear elmsoft

It was lovely for myself and the meetings & events team to receive such a great review following your recent experience at the gibson.

We were thrilled that everything from location, product offering and service suited your needs.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again soon for many more meetings.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

A very nice 4* hotel with an excellent location in Dublin while attending ICOH2018 conference. I even extended 2 days extra for a lower rate. Room was good size and amenities, breakfast was excellent with even healthy type. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful and welcoming especially at the reception, room service was excellent. Check in was very efficient and welcoming. The location is very convenient especially that the tram was always available right in front of the hotel.

Room tip: room looking inside the hotel are quieter although hotel location is in a quit location
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mohamed Saleh A

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read you enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for either business or leisure.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Ivan made the hens cocktails fantastic. Such a laugh! He made us feel special, he taught us how to make cocktails and made us feel special. I would recommend the Gibson hotel for a hens night!
Lots of cocktails, lots of lessons, lots of fun

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Thegibsonhotel, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Dear dublinbabe

Thank you for your lovely review and your 5 star rating - Ivan will be delighted with the recognition.

We hope you enjoy the wedding and look forward to welcoming you at the gibson for future special occasions.

Reviewed May 4, 2018

While flying back to the US from South Africa we stopped overnight in Dublin and spent a day. We arrived early in the day and the young lady working the front desk was very pleasant. We were able to get into our room early. The hotel is in a good location as we were able to catch the Luas tram service, which was right across the street from the hotel, to downtown. We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel which was good and the staff was very helpful. The room was large, modern and very clean. The one night we spent there was very nice.

Date of stay: April 2018

Dear 655trum

It was a pleasure for myself and the team to ensure that you enjoyed our stopover with us at the gibson and I thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

We trust you arrived home safely and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you for a longer period next time you visit Ireland.