5,190 results
All reviews city centre point village relaxation area modern hotel port tunnel great hotel attending a concert luas stop tram line bar food residents bar third floor executive room following morning would highly recommend this hotel hotel bar visiting dublin
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Very contemporary hotel - facilities are up scale and sleek. The area that the hotel is located in is still being developed so there were limited options for restaurants and bars although there is a tram stop right at the door that takes you into Dublin. Once all the developments are completed this will be a great area. Front desk staff were helpful and welcoming.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Thegibsonhotel, Manager at The Gibson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Dear Leoniemay

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the gibson which I was delighted to read you enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for another great experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

This is our third stay at the Gibson. It is the only hotel we have stayed at during our times in Ireland. While it is further from the city centre, the public transportation is right outside the door and easy to navigate. We have only had a room on the top floor with a view of the 3 Arena. We were a little worried this time because on our first two stays, there has never been anything playing at the 3 Arena. However the soundproofing on our floor is so good, we never heard anyone from either of the two events. In addition, there is a lot of construction going on in this area and we never heard any of that either (unless we had the door to our patio open). This is a modern hotel which we like and it has excellent air conditioning. The staff was accommodating in providing us with an additional bed sheet so we didn't have to use the duvet (we are warm people and the duvet is too much). Breakfast is continental similar to what is offered in the states at places like the Hampton Inn. The only issue we had during our stay was we wanted to remove the breakfast option from our bill for the third night stay because we were leaving for the airport before they started serving. They would not do that and gave us a "to go" bag which really was not worth the money. It was one small cup of coffee (they had not brewed the regular coffee yet so we were just given an Americano), a bottle of water which we had to leave behind as we couldn't take it through security at the airport, a croissant, apple and cheese/tomato sandwich. We would have been happier to have the credit and not the food. I would say if you stay here, it is a better value to have breakfast in town. But overall quiet stay which to us is hugely important.

Room Tip: I would pay extra to be on the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear pbfues

Thank you for your review and I am delighted that we continue to provide a fantastic experience for our regular guests.

It was great to hear that your room provided a quiet oasis blocking out any disturbances from the outside.

In relation to your breakfast issue, my understanding is that you may have booked a Bed and Breakfast package which does not enable credits or refunds to be applied based on the fact that a package was purchased. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you for a 4th fantastic stay.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

I had stayed in this hotel for a night recently as I was meant to be going to a music even in Dublin (more on that later) which was unfortunately cancelled, at any rate I used my booking as an excuse to spend a night in Dublin.

The hotel is situated directly across from the 3 Arena in Dublin and also "the point" luas stop which is on the red line luas route, making this hotel perfect for gig-goers and also those just looking for a handy base in Dublin.

The hotel itself is very modern, bright and clean, and whilst not directly in the center of town the venue itself more than makes up for it.

I usually stay at hotels such as premier inn when in a city but got a good deal on the Gibson, it is more pricey than the typical budget hotels but not extortionately so and quite a lot is included in the price.

The room itself was fairly big, airy and modern, the bed was large and comfortable and the room even had a window which could be opened (a lot of hotels don't) in terms of extras the room had a decent tv package as standard and included masses of hidden storage space for clothes etc, most impressive perhaps was that the room had it's own iron and board, mini fridge and safe, all of which were already in the room with no additional cost for use, this was huge as I feel a lot better being able to keep valuables in a safe, and bottles of water (of which I drink many) cool in a fridge.

The standard wi-fi was also pretty good!

Onto the morning and the room had a very nice bathroom with a fantastic shower, we then went onto breakfast which was a typical self serve buffet type scenario, it was however one of the finest hotel breakfasts of this type I'd ever had, much was on offer which usually would not be (cheeses, deli meats to name a few)

Overall I rate this hotel very highly and will absolutely consider it on future trips to Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Cuppa90

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the gibson and for your 5 star rating.

Myself and the team were delighted that we continue to offer exceptional quality, service and value to our guests every day and thank you for the recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for another great stay.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

I was here for a morning business conference. The room was nicely laid out. Good coffee, nice pastries. No windows but I didn't really notice. I thought the room was a bit too warm.

Interesting that the reception is on the third floor. There's an escalator or you can go up in the glass lift with views outside - just like in "First Dates Ireland".

The hotel is not quite in the city centre but the Luas (tram) stops right outside the front door and it's 5 minutes into the city.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear elmsoft

It was lovely for myself and the meetings & events team to receive such a great review following your recent experience at the gibson.

We were thrilled that everything from location, product offering and service suited your needs.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again soon for many more meetings.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

A very nice 4* hotel with an excellent location in Dublin while attending ICOH2018 conference. I even extended 2 days extra for a lower rate. Room was good size and amenities, breakfast was excellent with even healthy type. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful and welcoming especially at the reception, room service was excellent. Check in was very efficient and welcoming. The location is very convenient especially that the tram was always available right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: room looking inside the hotel are quieter although hotel location is in a quit location
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mohamed Saleh A

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read you enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for either business or leisure.