All reviews city centre minute walk herbert park quiet neighborhood leap card irish breakfast comfortable beds enjoyed our stay plenty of hot water place to stay quiet at night excellent stay ballsbridge accommodations euro
Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

Teresa is just wonderful. The place feels like how I imagine Dublin should feel. The food was great! Irish breakfast, eggs, black pudding, the bacon was to die for...I stay about a week. Came and went as I pleased, convienent location. Bus around corner. Bring your rain coat. Dublin rain make it all alright! I would not go anywhere else! I loved it.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
TeresaMuldoon, Owner at Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2016

Hi John, thank you for writing a review on Oaklodge and I am happy you enjoyed it all including our hearty Irish Breakfast. Thankfully the rain has now ceased and we are enjoying some lovely warm sunshine. You must return again when you will not need a rain coat

Reviewed April 13, 2016 via mobile

Clean, comfortable room with private bathroom. Delicious complete breakfast. Easily accessible by bus from Dublin airport. Walking distance from pubs and about 30 minute walk to the city center. Teresa is very pleasant, helpful & accommodating.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our irish breakfast satisfying and delicious. As you say there is no shortage of pubs and restaurants locally and of course lots more in the city.
If you have the opportunity to return again we would be happy to welcome you

Reviewed April 13, 2016

Another great stay with Teresa at Oaklodge for the weekend April 10-13 for the Great Ireland Run. Always willing to help out with any request with a friendly smile. You will feel very welcome. Looking forward to the next visit...!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2016

We went there for a gokergame n to learn something about the culture aswell guiness.
the owner takes care about the visitors n helped us to get everything needed.

its a oldfashion building but charming. very close to the rds maybe half a hour away from the centre.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Ralph, I have been very busy so had not the chance to respond to your review. It was lovely having you to stay. I hope the poker is still being lucky for you. The walk to the city is indeed beautiful, especially this time of year when the streets are lined with the beautiful orange blossom trees.
I would be happy to welcome you back if the poker classic returns to the RDS again

Reviewed March 27, 2016

Our family of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Oaklodge. The room was lovely, the breakfast generous and delicious and the neighbourhood elegant and easy to get to. Teresa is a lovely and welcoming host. The church bells ringing were a little distracting at first but we quickly adapted. We'd happily return for another stay.

Room Tip: we stayed in two different rooms - 1 and 2 - both lovely. Bathroom in room 2 is larger but both rooms lovely
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review on Oaklodge and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The neighbourhood is lovely and with Herbert Park just around the corner there is always a place to go to for peaceful walk or to feed the ducks. I am surprised you noticed the church bells. I don't hear them any more and they are far enough away not to cause a disturbance. We would be happy to welcome you back, should you get the opportunity to visit our lovely city again