All reviews city centre minute walk quiet neighborhood leap card comfortable beds plenty of hot water enjoyed our stay place to stay quiet at night excellent stay accommodations euro
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

Teresa has a lovely home! Our room was very comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. And Teresa was so accommodating, letting us into the room earlier and loaning cables and convertors. Oaklodge is in a very nice neighborhood, within short walking distance to great pubs and restaurants, as well as busses and downtown Dublin. We would recommend Oaklodge to everyone!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

Extra service, Mary fixes everything for us. Excellent breakfast, comfy beds, good lunch pack, perfect Irish coffees, so much hospitality. Mary can wash and dry clothes also if needed. Book restaurants, book taxi and really take care of us.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
TeresaoHara, Guest Relations Manager at Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Hi. While I would like to take credit for this excellent review I think it would be unfair for Mary not to get the benefit. You have sent this review to the wrong Oaklodge. My bed and breakfast which is in Dublin has the same name. I know Mary as I come from Portumna originally. If you have occasion to visit Dublin at some stage I hope you will consider staying in my Oaklodge
Teresa Muldoon
Sorry for giving myself the title of Guest Relations Manager. The system would not allow me to put in "Other".

Reviewed October 17, 2016

I loved staying at Oaklodge B&B! I had a small room to myself on the 3rd floor with a twin bed, night stand, dresser, and a sink and mirror. Sharing the bathroom facilities (a 1/2 bath and a full bath on the 2nd floor) was not an issue whatsoever- the entire B&B is very clean. Rooms are tidied/bed is made every day.

Teresa, the proprietor, is a great cook- I miss having her delicious full Irish breakfasts every morning with oatmeal and soda bread. The location also can't be beat- it's outside the hustle and bustle of downtown Dublin but easy accessible via the multiple buses that frequently traverse Morehampton Road. Donnybrook itself is a great neighborhood- very safe and home to many quaint shops and restaurants.

This place is such a great value, and Teresa is very knowledgable and accommodating. I would highly recommend Oaklodge!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
TeresaoHara, Owner at Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the trouble to write this extensive review and I am happy you enjoyed yo ur stay with us . I hope we may have the opportunity of accommodating you another time when you are back this wey.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

We visited Irelands capital for 4 days, sleeping 3 nights at the Oaklodge BnB. After a couple of days on the wicklow way we also stayed one more night in a hotel at Temple Bar/City centre, so we're also able to compare both accomodations. The Oaklodge BnB is situated in Ballsbridge, in a quiet small street offside the main roads. In contrast to that, we heard singing people and police sirens in Temple Bar all night... It is an around 2km Walk from the BnB to the city centre, which is still allright. The whole area is characterized by beautilful buildings in georgian style (often with expensive cars in the front yard). Inside, the BnB is decorated in historic style, our room was spacious and the Bed comfortable, everything was very clean. If there is on thing to decry, than that the shower works with some noise. And the TV was quite small (but we didn't spend time in Dublin to watch TV). Teresa is a very polite and helpful host, who gave as also tips for getting public transports or places to visit. But she also keeps the right distance to her guests, which for example means, that she doesn't bother people taking their breakfast. And by the way, this breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rene_Running

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review on Oaklodge. it is always helpful to hear back from our guests after they leave . I particularly appreciate your comments re "keeping the right distance from guests". This can be a very fine line to judge. I generally take the lead individually from my guests. Some people like to engage and chat. Others prefer to be left to themselves or their travelling companions. I usually exchange some pleasantries and go on from there depending on the response. I hope you may have the opportunity of visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

Oaklodge has been our annual home for the past 15 years when in Dublin. Excellent location, easy walk to city center, wonderful innkeeper, comfortable rooms, beautiful safe neighborhood, close to restaurants and parks etc.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
TeresaMuldoon, Owner at Oaklodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2016

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to have you staying in Oaklodge.