Harding Hotel
US$155
US$246
US$232
  • Restaurant
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$205
US$190
US$161
  • Breakfast included
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$380
US$349
Westbury Hotel
2,411 results
All reviewscopper alley bistrochrist church cathedraltemple barkelly's bargreat locationdarkey kellystartswithin walking distancedublin castlegreat pubairlink bussingle roomtrinity collegeguinness storehouseirish musiclight sleeperwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great hotel with exceptionally friendly and efficient staff. Rooms clean and of a good size and hotel location is just far enough away from Temple Bar to be quiet but within very easy walking distance to enjoy the atmosphere. Would recommend the open top bus trip but found the Guiness experience not worth the money. This was a second visit for my husband and I and this time we brought 5 friends who will also be returning.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SueHO
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear SueHO,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay while visiting Dublin.

I was delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the Harding to be ideally located, great value of high quality.
It is always great to have returning guests stay with us again and again and we thank you for bringing friends - it was a pleasure to have looked after you all.

We are looking forward to being able to welcome you back again to the Harding in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We picked this hotel during a recent visit to Dublin based on the low price and proximity to the city center. I was a little nervous about the quality of the hotel, since we paid so little, but my fears were quelled before we even stepped inside the building. Being directly across from Christchurch Cathedral, the hotel has a stunning view. The hotel itself isn't so bad to look at either. Built in (I'm guessing) the early 1900s, there are lovely big windows, and lots of polished hardwood floors and staircases. The lobby is light-filled and cozy. Downstairs, the lobby connects to both a pub and a bistro. We didn't manage to check out the pub, but we had breakfast in the mornings (included in the price of our stay) and found the food to be just fine (I'm vegetarian and managed to be fed pretty well), and the bistro was as light-filled and lovely as the rest of the hotel.

Our room was on the top floor (don't worry- there is an elevator!) and had sloped ceilings and a great view of the cathedral. The room was nice and clean, rather large with quite a lot of storage space, and seemed to have been recently redecorated. In one corner, we had a kind of "reading nook", a section of the room somewhat separated from the rest of the room by the sloped ceiling, with a big window, chair, and a reading light. No coffee in the room (not surprising- this is Ireland, land of tea-drinkers), but there was a cute little tea station, a shelf with an electric kettle, ceramic mugs, tea bags, UHT milk (hey, better than nothing), sugar, etc. If you're a coffee junkie like me, you can get decent coffee in the bistro. Also worth mentioning- the blackout shades worked exceptionally well. Our first morning there, I woke up feeling so well rested, but since it was still quite dark in the room, I figured it was pre-dawn. My husband, who was already awake, asked me if I planned to get up, as it was actually after 10 am. Thankfully, breakfast is served in the bistro until noon!

The location also couldn't be better. We were within a few blocks of Temple Bar, and all the shopping in the city center. I highly recommend the Mexican restaurant across the street, Cafe Azteca, for great burritos and even better hot chocolate (I got mine to-go in the mornings). The people at the front desk were also great. They were helpful and available, offering directions, maps, brochures, and whatever else we may have needed. After we checked out on the last day, we were able to stash our luggage with them (in a locked closet) so we could wander around the city one last time before leaving.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Christchurch Cathedral- it's beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheCatMom
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear TheCatMom,

Than you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our standards for the rooms, the quality of services and our excellent location to be great value for money.

All of our rooms should have coffee sticks as well as teabags in the courtesy refreshments beside the kettle, but I will ensure that all rooms have plenty of coffee in the future - thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are very committed at the Harding Hotel to providing the best care we can to guests so that they may enjoy the city to the utmost in comfort, security and with professional care and courtesy.
Reviews like yours offer great encouragement to all the staff at the Harding to constantly aim to provide these levels and reach even further.

I also hope that we may be able to accommodate you again to the same standards in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

The hotel was good. The price was reasonable. Only deterrent is that it is right beside the Temple Bar and found at night it was extremely loud. Bus stop only a few minutes away. Very clean and staff are friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Manon P
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Dear Manon P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay in Dublin.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Harding Hotel and that you found the hotel to be of good value with friendly staff and an excellent location.

From time to time we can have issues with people outside on the street making noise, which is outside of our control, but would recommend to guests to request a high floor and away from the street if they are very light sleepers.

I would hope that we may be able to welcome you back again to the Harding Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Pros:

Located near Temple Bar and Christ Church
Reasonable price
Extremely helpful staff
AirLink bus stops nearby EUR10 return from airport

Cons:

Located near Temple Bar & Crist Church - can be noisy at nights
Small basic room in need of renovation, small TV but do you come to Dublin to watch TV & stay at room?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Manager_Harding, General Manager at Harding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Dear FKB61,

I was delighted to ehar that you enjoyed the Harding Hotel and found the hotel's location, price and staff all to be excellent and to your expectations.

I apologize if there was some street noise during your stay but we are located on a side street away from the main hustle and bustle of the city centre and midweek the street noise at night-time is much reduced.
Should guests be light sleepers and the Cathedral bells or street noise disturb their sleep we would recommend asking for a rear facing room away from these areas, and we do our best to accommodate these requests.

I hope that we may be able to accommodate you in the near future when returning to Dublin.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

This hotel was near enough perfect.

The location is great. It has bars and restaurants nearby, the sightseeing bus stop is a 30 second walk away, there is a great pub attached to the hotel with traditional Irish music and great food, the breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

The only minor issue was that the hotel was hot, but too noisy outside to sleep with the window open. If I had a set of earplugs it would have been perfect!

Great value, very friendly and helpful staff and very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Laurablue6,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Harding Hotel following your recent stay when visiting Dublin.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the Harding and found the hotel's excellent location to be so convenient to go sightseeing to all the major attractions, go shopping and be so close to all the best bars and restaurants of the city centre.

It was also very nice to hear that you found the Harding staff to be so friendly,that the rooms were kept clean and to the standards you would expect and that overall you found the Harding to be good value for money.
The Harding Hotel is committed to providing the best levels of service, quality and comfort with great value so comments like yours help keep staff motivated to ensuring these goals.

I would hope that we may be able to accommodate you again whenever you return to Dublin.