“You've got to do this!”

Dublin Traditional Irish Music Pub Crawl
Ranked #14 of 287 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Are you looking to experience the beauty and history of Traditional Irish Music in an authentic setting? If so, the Traditional Irish Musical Pub Crawl is the perfect activity for you. Two talented Musicians will guide you to three privately booked pubs and perform tunes and songs while telling the story of traditional Irish Music. A fun, informative, and authentic experience - it's like a Moving Concert!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
So. Cal.
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“You've got to do this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

If you only do one thing while you're in Dublin, this should be it. This is an excellent way to hear some wonderful "trad" or traditional Irish music, learn about how important music is to Irish culture and of course have a pint!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank kk6t

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Danville, California
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Great relaxing way to spend an evening in Dublin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had a great evening in Dublin on our Pub Crawl. We visited private rooms at 3 differant Pubs. There were 2 professional musicians that were our "guides" for the evening. They did a great job explaining the history and traditions of Irish Music. We had an early dinner then went to the Pub Crawl after dinner. It was a nice relaxing way to spend an evening in Dublin.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank pwtravels
New Jersey
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Must Do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I am so glad I heard about this before I went to Dublin. I went with a friend of mine who studies traditional musical instruments, and she heard about it. This is seriously the most fun I had when I was in Dublin! Any pub crawl is automatically a good time, but getting up close and personal with the music (and the musicians) was totally worth it! It also allowed us to become familiar with some great pubs to revisit during our stay (which we did...a lot!) If you are visiting Dublin, you MUST do this!!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank xfildchild
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best thing I did while visiting Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Musicians were friendly and knowledgeable - true passion for sharing their craft. I learned a great deal about Irish music, culture and people. The pubs we visited were fun, the music was great - they even pointed us to a "real" neighborhood pub, off the beaten path for tourists, for after the tour.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Jjlr52
New York City, New York
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very Interesting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

As someone who has no musical background, I thought this was great!
We went to two different pubs (stayed for 1 hr each) and the two male musicians (I forgot their names!!) shared the history of Irish music and played different tunes showing the patterns and storytelling. It was lots of fun.
Best part was 'the noble call' where people from our group was invited to share their own 'folk songs' from their home country. We head one from Norway, USA, and my two friends from the Netherlands sang a lovely song as well.
Definitely recommend.