“Great Tapas, great staff”
Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
Ranked #504 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional and Modern Tapas cooked by our four Spanish Chefs. Now that's authentic tapas.
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We were in Dublin for a week-long visit which included my adult daughter's birthday. She chose the restaurant and we had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly, attentive and made the experience memorable...even singing! As Americans, we can be overbearing and difficult for the wait staff but all of them treated us like gold. (I am not a wine drinker so I cannot comment on the wine).

We struggle to find good Tapas in the States but La Bodega does a great job with flavors and variety. Although this is not for the average person, if you are from the States and want to try something different, this is it!

There are newer reviews for La Bodega

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Enjoyed a lovely meal here .Tapas good portion sizes and delicious.La Bodega house salad my favourite .We had 5 tapas between 2 which was more than enough.Good ambience and service.Very busy so if going for a pre dinner drink pop in and put your name down for a table as you can't book in advance.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

This is one of my favourite restaurants.
Great ambience, great service and great tapas.
Very keenly priced and consistently high quality tapas are the trademark of this establishment.
However, the Rioda Charadony at €38 per bottle is to be avoided. It is very poor quality and should be dropped from the Wine List.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner early on a Saturday night. The decor and atmosphere is nice. We ordered lite bites and a bottle of wine while we looked over the menu. There is a good selection of tapas, we ordered chorizo and chickpeas, chicken de Cadiz, potato bravas and mussels. The wine was great and most of the tapas were good. We found the mussels a bit tasteless. We ordered coffee then asked for the bill. Within 10 seconds of paying the bill the waiter came over and very rudely told us to leave because they needed the table. I would understand if we were loitering or we were told when we arrived they would need the table back (they didn't). I still had espresso left. Initially, I thought I mis-heard him but then he pointed at the door. It's a pity, the tapas were nice but I'm not sure I would return especially considering the number of excellent restaurants in Dublin. I also wish we hadn't left a tip.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

This place is perfect for a great night out, no matter what the occasion or company - food is just delicious, wine list is very reasonable, service is excellent and atmosphere is so fun. I love to go to this restaurant and am always satisfied with my meals and the all round experience.

My only issue is that they don't take reservations for a table for 2, you have to turn up and take the risk. Had to wait 1.5 hours last weekend to get a table after showing up at 7.30. The problem is that on a Saturday night, other places that do take bookings are often booked out so by the time to take the risk to get a table here, you have very little choice elsewhere if there are no tables available within a reasonable time. Mark down for me - and it's such a pity because other than that this would definitely be a 5* from me.