“Can't wait to go back”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I'm only doing this review so long after my stay because I'm new to Trip Advisor. We love this hotel! The doorman Connor and front desk staff were wonderful, room was clean, and it's so close to our favorite pub, The Hairy Lemon. It was a great location for sightseeing on foot as well.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devon C

Reviewed 23 February 2012

on Valentines day last my husband treated me to an overnight stay taking in a play at the Gaiety Theatre Dublin. He booked a hotel close to the centre of things ,but on arrival I was not happy with it ,as we had a four hour wait to check in,and we were not allowed stay in the hotel and not even a chair in reception area. I took a stroll up the little street and came across Brooks Hotel ,went in for morning coffee. I was instantly at home and felt the warmth and friendly buzz and decided this is where I am going to stay. The receptionist Ann was so friendly and helpful and booked us into a lovely double room on the 6Th floor room 603, in fact we were upgraded. The hotel is so close to Grafton St Stephens Green Theatres restaurants ,Museums all walking distance ,which suited us as we are both retired and did not wand to drive in the city. The room had everything one would need, plenty of fresh towels and toiletries ,and the bed was really comfortable.. Breakfast was lovely and offered a wonderful choice the whiskey porridge with cream was a treat. I believe the hotel is going to get a new face lift which will even enhance it further, Please don't loose your old boutique charm , Its a pity the lovely residence lounge is in the basement it should be close to where the restaurant is I think ,to add to the ambiance. Look some of the reviews I read were picky if someone is looking for a luxury hotel with garden views etc then book into one of them outside city centre. Brooks hotel offers charm attention to customer;s needs good food relaxed atmosphere and everything on your doorstep I will definitely be back for a longer stay next time. Well done Brooks hotel

Room Tip: We found high floor great for a good nights sleep.
2  Thank Eils31
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is the best hotel in Dublin. It's beautiful and the staff are wonderful. This place has old-fashioned values and the staff take customer service very serious. Everybody who works there will remember you when you return. I was stuck there during the volcano ash disaster, along with dozens of Americans and Canadians and all were so impressed by every aspect of the hotel. I stay there every time I visit Dublin and love being there. And the food's great too!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MJHyland
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My partner and I stayed in Brooks hotel for two nights over the weekend. The first thing to say is that the location is perfect for central Dublin located between Great Georges Street and Grafton Street. Ideal for walking to all the central places of interest. The room was clean and of a good standard although getting a bit tired here and there. Our weekend rate, found on Trivago, included breakfast and was excellent value. The hot breakfast was of a very good standard. All of the staff we encountered were pleasant and very helpful. There is a secure public car park immediately opposite the hotel and as a hotel resident was available at a discounted rate.
I would recommend the hotel and would definately stay there again.

1  Thank Paul5Belfast
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I travel to Dublin regularly and this is my preferred hotel when on business. It is centrally located, excellent value, and the lounge and lobby have plenty of space for small impromptu meetings. The rooms are outstandingly comfortable and very nicely decorated. For some reason the restaurant always seems to be empty, though the food is excellent and reasonably priced. The bar can get lively at times. Service is universally friendly, though it can be a little slow when the bar is busy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After more than thirty years of work and vacation travel , this is the first time in my life that We have found an hotel of this class where any opportunity , that may be used to support a good Capital City vacation , became an opportunity to take money from the guest pockets.
Some example;
1) A shaving Kit asked at reception desk ,late evening on arrival day,was payed 2.5 Euro
2) All Bath Flacons Kit were not changed every day and practically after two night we were only with one Shampooing Kit (Just for Example!!)
3) As soon we have arrived , without any greeting at the reception desk, the customer has asked for Visa Credit Card in order to have a caution that with Our surprise was more than the value of all the stay already ooked and confirmed!!
We have tried to have a satisfactory explanation but they repley that the entering in force system is applied in case of some Room Bar use or unannanced breakfast!!
Not any drinks was found in Room Bar and also breakfast was already excluded from previous reservartion.
So!! Don't stay in this tipical example of stingy mentality management.
Last think!! The room was practically close to the roof basement air conditioner/warm unit
and really noise.Unfortunately we don't need to open the windows in this winter season.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank lucianoferro61
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear LucianoFerro61
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor and at the outset I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay and I would like to address some of your points. Regarding the bathroom toiletries please be advised that we do replace them daily and on this occasion it was an oversight on our part and I do apologise for the inconvenience. I am sorry too that you found the air conditioning noisy. It is unfortunate that we did not know about these issues during your stay as we would have been able to rectify them at the time. Regarding the credit card pre authorization I can assure you that it is standard policy in most hotels to take a pre authorisation on a credit card on arrival. This simply holds the money on your card for the duration of your stay and on check out the amount is released back to the card and the card is charged as normal. As I understand it the Manager on Duty did try to explain this but unfortunately due to the language barrier I don’t believe you understood him fully. Although I take on board your comment regarding the shaving kit I can assure you the hotel is far from being ‘stingy’ and we continually strive to offer value for money to our guests. As mentioned earlier the pre auth is standard practice and again this is not a ‘stingy’ practice. I believe this to be a very unfair comment and not a true reflection of the hotel. We have had over 700 reviews and this is the first time I have received a comment on this. Notwithstanding this I am sorry that you didn’t enjoy your experience of Brooks Hotel and I appreciate your feedback.
Anne Mc Kiernan

Reviewed 19 February 2012

central to theatre and tourist area, comfortable clean and good value.

Room Tip: we were on 4th floor so street noise was minimal.
1  Thank LinaYorkshire