“2nd Time around” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #16 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Reigate, United Kingdom
“2nd Time around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel 10 years ago and it just opened and it was a lovely boutique hotel in a great loaction.. This time it is still a good hotel in a great location albeit it is looking a bit tired and worn in places. Our Room was on the 3rd floor and we had a view of a office block and a bit of grass inbetween us, as we arrived on a Friday the office was still in use so had no real privacy! They told us we had been upgraded but the room was still small by "superior" standards! That being said it suited us.. We ate in Thorntons which was nice and we did budget for this , i did not think that there was a lot of atmosphere in the restuarant even though it was full.. the food was and typically Michellin ..it was nice though. The conceirge worked very hard to get us somewhere to eat on the Saturday night and when everything we fancied was booked he recommended a great steak house which was fantastic! Thank you

Room Tip: Ask for one with another view other than the office block
1 Thank ddsmithLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed here for my boyfriends birthday in January, it was a surprise for him and we were both very happy with all the hotel has to offer. They went beyond what you'd expect to make our stay a memorable one! We got a room upgrade and a birthday treat for my boyfriend. I think it shows a lot when a hotel makes the extra effort if they know you're there for an occasion! We had dinner in Citron, the food was AMAZING!! Breakfast was delicious, especially the hot chocolate! highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ladybirds2
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Great hotel on the edge of St Stephen's Green. Locaton couldn't be better. Service is exceptional, and the quality of rooms is high. Ask for a balcony room overlooking the Green. Restauant is great value.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony room overlooking the Green.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank EuroTrav_99
AlanVallely, Front Office Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear EuroTrav_99,

I am delighted you take such fond memories of your time with us at the Fitzwilliam Hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers and potential visitors to our Dublin City.

The team and I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Southeastern PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We were in Dublin for St. Paddy's day...what a great trip. The Fitzwilliam was close to all of the activities...the parade, the bars and all of the people dressed in their finest Irish attire.

The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. I would definitely stay again.

2 Thank DougBomberger
Dear DougBomberger,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on this most recent stay.

I am delighted to read of your enjoyment of so many aspects of your experience in our care.

The team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

Kind Regards,
Birmingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is not a 5 star hotel. It definitely was not what one would expect from a 5 star experience.
Grubby room, with tatty stained carpet was the least of it. I asked not to be put in a smokers room, instead they put me in a non-smoking room on the smokers floor. I wondered why the whole place smelled so rank. The pillows were stained, as was the duvet. We were told it was a 'garden room', but it looked out onto a building opposite, there was no garden. The service was non-existent. There is no atmosphere. You could be in an ordinary 3 star hotel anywhere in the world, yet you're paying 5 star prices. If you have to be in Dublin because of an emergency and there is no-where available to stay, then it's bearable, but if you can find a room anywhere else then take it and count yourself lucky - just don't waste money on this place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Miriam O
Solihull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Comfortable rooms and central location make this my first choice business stay in Dublin.
Staff are very professional and helpful.

Rooms overlooking St Stephen's Green are sought after but noisy, if you want a peaceful sleep get one overlooking the garden instead.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank andrew j
Dear andrew j,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted to read such a positive review of the services and experience we continue to provide you with.

We look forward to continuing to be your first choice hotel when visiting Dublin City and I am sure future guests will benefit from your insider knowledge.

Warmest Regards,
Rome
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at the Fitzwilliam last summer. The location of the hotel is central and we found a lot of restaurants in the area. The check in employees was friendly, but we reserved a Superior Room with Park view and got an Executive Room to the backyard. Well, after returning to the reception and complaining, we received the claimed room. The accommodation was very comfortable, stylish and the bathroom is scrupulously clean.

After an opulent dinner outside the Hotel we came back pretty late. Before I went to bed I need to smoke a cigarette. Yes, some of us still smokers - sorry. I went to the lobby and asked about a smoking area. The night clerk negated and told me, I have to go on the street in front of the hotel. He brought me to the door, opens it, sent me out, locked up and gone away.

I felt very unkomfortable. What do you think about a blond woman, standing alone in the middle of the night in front of a hotel and smoking? Yes – the male pedestrian thought the same. After a few clear offers, I revolved to the door and have to knock like a maniac to come in.
Well, the positive result was, I reduced the nicotine for the rest of our stay, but I did not come to the Fitzwilliam Hotel, pay €239.00 per night, to feel like a floozie.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Hilaritas
AlanVallely, Front Office Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear hilaritas,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.
Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent visit to Dublin City.

I am delighted to read that you found our service(s) to be friendly, comfortable, stylish and scrupulously clean. It is a pity however that your overall rating does not reflect these sentiments.
As with guest feedback of a positive or regrettable nature, it is imperative to drive to the root of the cause and examine factors leading to the feedback received. I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to do this.

I note from your review that you have awarded just 3 out of 5 points for cleanliness yet felt compelled to acknowledge our accommodations, as above, "scrupulously clean"

Please allow me to sympathise regarding the discomfort experienced by the actions of our night team representative securing the door behind you, prompting you to knock for re-entry to the property. I do however feel it would be irresponsible of the hotel to shoulder/assume blame for the nature of late night Dublin city revellers and their reaction to your presence and/or appearance.
We do also have a doorbell at the front door for after hours entry or re-entry to the hotel.

hilaritas, I am available at the hotel at any time to discuss any outstanding feedback you may be able to offer regarding your stay and invite you to contact me directly if I may assist in any way.

With Kind Regards,