US$187
US$164
US$124
Croke Park Hotel
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

Academy Plaza Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$155
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$260
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$406
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon roomtemple barbed dormgreat locationmixed dormown bathroomchrist church cathedralper dayairport busstayed nightscity centrebeds were comfortabletrinity collegehostelcerealbunkroommates
Reviewed April 23, 2018

Booking with hostel was a disaster, check in was 2 pm i arrived 1 pm and made me wait even though room was ready. How do i know this because i knew peopel in the room i was being checked into. Pretty old hostel. Showers were pretty gross. Price was decent but would rather stay at Issacs Hostel.
Wouldnt reccommend. They need to step their game up.

Room Tip: Book with issacs hostel instead.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
AvalonDublin, Front Office Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear Guest

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the stay with us. As per procedures, even if the rooms are finished cleaning they are only released to guests only after they are checked by management. I am sorry this procedures annoyed you, but this is done to ensure the cleanliness standards are not compromised and the guests are offered a clean bed on arrival to the hostel.
We hope that we will be able to welcome you again you in the future and the experience will be different.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

Me and my friends spent two nights at Kinlay House: the whole staff were really nice and helpful, some of them were able to speak perfectly different languages too. Both double and multiple room (6 beds) were clean and the beds were comfortable. There were hair dryers in the shower area, but not in the double room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay in Kinlay House.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed March 15, 2018

I was supposed to come into Dublin during their snowstorm, but my flight was cancelled due to extreme weather. This hostel treated it as a no-show, and charged me two nights instead of the one night it says they would charge on their website.

I've been emailing back and forth with them for weeks trying to get back the second night's stay they owe me, and they aren't budging. I've never seen a hostel so cheap they're willing to bend their own rules and make enemies just to keep the money from one night's stay.

I was going to go here with friends of mine next month, but there's no way I'm doing that now. Finding a different hostel. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LXS237
Kinlay D, Front Office Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear Guest.

I am sorry to hear that you did not get to experience the stay with us.
I do need to advise however that when you get a non refundable discounted rate based on 2 nights stay, the rate become a booking rate and this rate replaces the daily rate. The rate applied to your booking was the correct one, as agreed by you on the terms and conditions of the booking when the booking was originally made.
Please also be aware that terms and conditions are there with a reason and by respect of all our customers we cannot bend the rules and charge some customers and wave fee to others.

As a gesture of good faith, if you wish to return and stay with us in the future I will offer you a discount on a future visit.

Reviewed March 14, 2018

This was the first stop on our 3 months of backpacking and my husband and I thought it was great. I usually wouldn't like massive rooms with like 30 people, but the Kinlay Room was airy and attractive. As long as you have ear plugs (such is all hostel stays, yeah?) you're probably fine. Staff was pleasant. We liked this place enough to stay at Kinlay Galway when we headed over there. Would (and do) recommend.

Room Tip: Only take Kinlay Room if you're prepared for lots of people- but I liked it a lot.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Kinlay D, Front Office Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are honored to have backpacking guests like yourselves and we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all your good thoughts and recommendations. Looking forward to having you back visiting us someday. All the best!

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean rooms and a very good position for who want to travel in and around Dublin. You have what you pay and a little bit more. They have a big living room with TV and the free wifi. Well equipped kitchen. Recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review. We are very happy to hear that guests staying with us are enjoying their stay and are making usage of all of our facilities. Thank you again for your appreciation. Hope to get the chance of your return visit in the near future.