Blooms Hotel
US$302
US$278
US$214
US$192
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$150
US$215
US$205
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$188
US$161
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
2,472 results
All reviewsvat housevat bartemple bargreat locationfree entrybar downstairscentral locationnight lifebars and restaurantsearly hourstrinity collegefull irish breakfastgrafton streetnightlifepubguinnesshairdryer
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Helpfulness of staff was appalling. Trying to cancel a booking for one of our party as her father had died - 48 hrs notice we were told - unfortunately we didn't get notice that the person was dying and no allowance made. Rooms small - not even covers on bed. Nothing like photo. Also if you value your health don't eat in hotel. Only thing good was location

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank JMcb1234
BloomsHotelTempleBar, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Dear Jmcb1234, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I would like to refute your claim that the helpfulness of the staff was appaling. I myself had numerous conversations with you via e-mail and did as much for you as was possible.

We did not recieve any notice of cancellation of the room until the rest of your party arrived that evening. The rest of your group seemed to enjoy themselves and we are happy for that as we pride ourselves in offering a quality product and offering. It was at a later date that we were in formed that it was one of the parties farther in law had very sadley passed away, and we would like to express our deepest sympathy to the family.

We have a fantastic traditional irish barfood menu and would like to extend our welcome to you the next time you are in Dublin.

Steen Clinton, Blooms Hotel

Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in blooms on and off for the last 5 years as a business traveller and every time I stayed it was purely for the location. The hotel has in my opinion has gradually gotten worse over the last year or 2 and what I experienced last week has made my mind up to never stay again. Firstly being asked for photo Id is a bit strange and now the latest thing is a deposit of €50 euro, for what I dont really know . I stay in a hotel on average 1 or 2 nights a week and I am never asked for photo ID or a €50euro deposit as my credit card details are usually enough. I arrived at Blooms sometime after 7 having parked in the Multi storey car park on fleet street. I checked in with the usual request for a pre auth of my credit card and photo ID and now also a pre auth for 50 euro. I mentioned to the receptionist that is was becoming more difficult to stay in the hotel because of all the extra info etc required and was met with a shrug of the shoulders . I mentioned I am a business traveller and the first thing I normally do is log on to the Internet and check email etc but I found it wasn't working. I informed reception on
mY way out to dinner and was told that they had 1 other complaint and didn't know what the prob was or when it would be fixed . I arrived back later in the evening and went straight to bed. The following morning I discovered that I was unable to open the door from the inside and had to ring reception to be let out. I understand that these things can go faulty for no reason but I couldn't help but think that if there was a fire in the hotel I would'nt have been able to get out and nobody seemed to take much notice when I mentioned it. I eventually went down for breakfast after being told to leave the room door ajar so I could get back in which i didn't do as I had a laptop etc in the room . Breakfast is the thing I look forward to most in a hotel and was utterly dismayed by what I found waiting for me . The cold food cereal and fruit etc were fine but the so called hot buffet was absolutely appalling. The food was cold , the eggs and tomatoes burned and I got the feeling this has been cooked hours before and sure it will be fine as all the guests were probably on the beer the night before and wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway. I checked out ASAP and mentioned the bad Wi fi and door lock issue and was again met with no response and a shrug of the shoulders and was given the final sting € 14 euro for the car park. I have stayed in Hotels close by who use the same car park and was charged only € 6 euro??????
Decide for yourself. I for one will never stay in Blooms again.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Kmdvd

Dear Kmvd,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your review.

We do have a policy of a €50 check in deposit in the event of charges to the room and we do also request a copy of I.D. This is stated on all relevent sites and booking confirmation.

I am very sorry to hear that you got over charged for the carpark. We validate the tickets at reception for all our customers and I hope you will get to avail of this service on your next visit.

I was also very dissapointed to find you did not enjoy your breakfast and I would like to offer you a complimentary breakfast for the next time you visit.

Sometime electronic locks can malfunction and I would like to think that we dealt with this in a very speedy fashion.

Many Thanks
Steen Clinton, Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I just stayed at Blooms last week (May 3- 5) and I was very happy with the accommodations. Generally, the place is a great value, it's in a prime location and the staff let us check in 5 hours before our designated check in time, which was very much appreciated (we just got back from an overnight flight from the US and were in desperate need of sleep). Our room was simple, small and clean, and it got the job done. We were a short walk from everything in Dublin, which made exploring the city a total blast. The only problem about this hotel is what many others have written and that is the noise at night. The hotel has a night club attached to it and the walls are thin, so expect to be woken up at night several times. But if you are in Dublin for the nightlife, then this shouldn't affect you. Overall, great experience and I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

On a recent trip back to Dublin for a night out with the girls we realised it was actually cheaper to stay in town, than get taxis home. So we got a great deal on Bloom's hotel for an overnight stay. The room was basic but clean. Hotel location is perfect for a night out in Dublin city centre, bang smack in Temple Bar and a short walk to Grafton street. On check in, we were presented with a voucher for a complimentary drink in the Vat Bar, which was a nice gesture. Complimentary internet access also provided.

Would definitely be back for a short stay, probably not suitable for anyone looking for a quiet night, but ideal for overnight visit

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2012

it was our first time in dublin and my hubby and i booked this hotel a few months ago. the location is amazing...walking distance to everything. the bar inside the hotel is called "the vat house" and it's awesome! the food and drinks are great...its a great little irish pub. the service is wonderful, they have all the tv's on for whatever game is going on. the prices are very reasonable as well. the rooms are small, yet very clean. the staff is very nice. my husband and i are experienced travelers and we never go for "high end' hotels, but never go to "dumps" either. this place is great if you're looking for a great location, a clean room, and a friendly staff. i would highly recommend this place. yes...you have to place a $50 deposit for the room incase of phone calls or incidentals, but who cares? its policy. you get it right back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple