5,253 results
All reviews phoenix park iveagh bar guinness storehouse nancy hands superior king heuston train station city centre great hotel national museum minute walk tram line kilmainham gaol breakfast buffet across the river luas stop hop on hop family room
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

A group of 11 of us visited Dublin for my hen do back in February! Well.. we had an awesome trip! The Ashling staff gave us the warmest of welcomes and couldn’t do enough for us! The staff were so friendly, the rooms were spotless and beautifully decorated and the breakfast options were endless!

We were in an ideal location to see the sights and walking distance from the Guinness storehouse. There were trams located right outside the hotel so to get anywhere a little further was very easy. It was an amazing experience and one that will stay with myself and my friends for a long time.

Date of stay: February 2018
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for your very kind review of the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and received a warm welcome from our team. It was great to learn that you were impressed with the bedrooms and found our location so good for exploring Dublin. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I have always liked this hotel, the location is perfect for exploring Dublin, and it is comfortable and clean, with a great breakfast. I have just spent a couple of nights there with a group, and I have to say, I was overwhelmed by the high standard of customer care. We had a lady who was very ill in our group, and everyone at the hotel went out of their way to see that she was cared for. They were all amazing, but I have to mention Sinead especially, she went above and beyond the call of duty to see that everything was as comfortable as possible for this lady. I travel a lot and I have not experienced this level of genuine care anywhere else. The staff of this hotel could teach many other hotels how it should be done. Thank you all for your kindness.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Agnes W
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind and thoughtful review of your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. We were very pleased to learn that Sinead and all of our team showed such kindness and looked after her so well. Sinead, our Front Office Supervisor, has a very caring nature and it’s great that she is leading by example. I trust she is now feeling better and we hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Ashling hotel for 3 nights on a long easter weekend away to Dublin.

It’s a lovely hotel, rooms are clean, tidy and modern. Great bathroom facilities and a huge bed - what’s not to love!

We had a room on the 3rd floor and the windows aren’t double glazed so we got some street noise but nothing we couldn’t handle.

Staff we encountered were polite and friendly, overall we had a lovely stay.

It’s between 2 tram stops both of which were less than 5 minute walk. About 20 minute walk to temple bar area but plenty of stops for food and drink before there. We went to a concert at the 3 arena and the tram took us pretty much door to door which was extremely handy. It’s also walking distance to the Guinness factory.

One thing I wish we knew before was how close the hotel also was to the main station for the buses. The 747 bus takes you to the airport and the stop (first on the route going back to the airport) is 5 minute walk from the hotel. You can buy tickets on board for €12 return (€7 one way) which is much more preferred to paying €35 for a one way taxi ride like we did!! So there you go, head for the 747 bus straight out of arrivals - get off at Heuston stop, turn around and you can’t miss the Ashling over the road- your welcome! :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AshlingHotelDublin, General Manager at Ashling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. I was delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and were happy with your bedroom. It was great to learn that you found our team friendly and found our location good for exploring Dublin and accessing the LUAS Tram Line. I hope to welcome you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Nice, clean and modern. It is situated a bit far from city center (therefore I give it four and not five points), but the Luas-tram runs outside the hotel and takes you to city in 5 minutes. The staff in the bar was very inattentive, but that is the only negative thing to say.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bobr12

Thank you for your review and feedback on your stay. It was great to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay and found our location convenient for access to the LUAS Tram Line which certainly is a great way to get to the city centre in a matter of minutes. I hope to welcome you back to us again in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We had a short break at the Ashling to celebrate a birthday. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, any minor problems we encountered were sorted out immediately. We stayed in room 345 - a classic double which was a large room with a double and single bed. The room was immaculate and warm and cosy which was appreciated as we were staying on a cold and wet bank holiday weekend. Tea and coffee facilities were provided along with bottled water which were replenished the following day. The bathroom was also spotless with piping hot water! There were a few thoughtful touches - ear plugs if needed, pencil and paper by the phone. The staff sent chocolates for my daughter's birthday which was such a lovely gesture. We ate our evening meal in the Iveagh bar - the food was lovely and average price for the area - 14 euros plus depending on choice, with cocktails around 12 euros plus. We paid around 78 euros for 3 meals and a drink each. The breakfast each morning was truly amazing with an all you can eat buffet. When they say there is over 100 items they are not joking - the choice is astounding for around 10 euros each or around 12.50 if you want a cooked meal as well. Every taste is catered for, with a huge variety ranging from cereals, yoghurt and fresh fruits to pastries, croissants, waffles and pancakes. It is first-class and really sets you up for the day! We could not fault our stay at the Ashling. On our last day although we checked out at 12 noon our luggage was stored for us until we collected it at 6pm. It is obvious that everyone works extremely hard, but staff are always polite, friendly and happy to help. One thing to note is that in Ireland if you are told something is 15 minutes away on foot it isn't! The city centre is a good taxi drive away, along with Temple bar, with taxis ranging in price from 10 euros upwards. Taxi to the airport is about 25 - 30 euros. Dublin zoo however is within walking distance from the hotel and is a great day out for all ages. Notable pub to mention not to far away (jump in a taxi!) Is the Merchants - great atmosphere and live music and over the road from the Brazen Head - Ireland's oldest pub, which is worth a visit.

Date of stay: March 2018

Thank you for your review of the Ashling Hotel, Dublin. It was great to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and were happy with your bedroom. I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your meal in the Iveagh Bar and were so impressed with the extensive selection at our breakfast buffet. I hope that the birthday celebrations were enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Ashling Hotel again in the future.