“Can’t say Enough good things!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stauntons on the Green

Stauntons on the Green
Ranked #90 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Houston, Texas
“Can’t say Enough good things!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

This place was better than I expected. Great location, Great price, Unbeatable Customer service by ALL, clean and within walking Distance to about everything. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Heidi who had upgraded us to a very large, clean and cozy room that overlooked the park. If you’re a light sleeper you may want to ask for another room on the other side of the building. But it was Perfect for us. We had found a very Cheap place for food called The Baggot Inn, Great food, happy hr and not far from the hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
Covina, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

We arrived before check-in time after a quick flight from Edinburgh. They repeatedly apologized that our room wasn't ready even though "we" were the ones that were early. They offered to look after our luggage so that we could go explore the city. My friend and I decided to work on a game plan for our day instead. The very kind gentleman helped us relocate our bags into a parlor area around the corner from the desk. Sitting on the broken-in sofas and just relaxing after 10 days of being on the go in London and Edinburgh was awesome. I told them that I felt like I was at home. (Although at home, I'm not sure anyone would help me carry my bags!) We no sooner sat down before they said our room was ready. We were up one level and quickly scurried up the stairs to our room. Yes, this is an old building. The floors creak under the carpet and you can see the layers of paint on the shutters on the windows. BUT, wow...does this place have character! We loved it! We had requested two twin beds and were thrilled when they gave us a large room facing St. Stephen's Green and we each had our own double sized bed. There was also a spare twin bed in the room. Breakfast was included each morning and it was more than ample. Everything was within walking distance or near the hop on/hop off bus. If I were to ever go back, I would not hesitate to stay here again! The bed was comfy (and I have a bad back) and I found everything to be perfectly charming.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street which was a little bit noisy, even with the shutters and drapes drawn. If...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank DVSDonnaV
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Last September/October I stayed at Stauntons for 4 nights. I had been to Dublin about 20 years before and was familiar with the St Stephen's Green area so I knew I wanted to be near there. I was traveling with my Mom who had some difficulty walking so it was important to have a room that didn't require have a lot of stairs. When I contacted the hotel directly they informed me of an additional room that wasn't showing on their website. It was located downstairs near the breakfast room and was perfect. It was very small and did not have air conditioning but that was perfect for us. There were large windows we could open but it was very quiet. Even in the morning with all of the hustle and bustle of people going to breakfast it was still pretty quiet. I enjoyed the breakfast - it was minimal but a perfect way to start the day. The menu is available on their website. Their location is good because they are right across the street from the park which was enjoyable each morning. The hop-on hop-off tour buses leave from the other side of the park so it only took a few minutes to get there. There is also a pedestrian shopping area on the other side of the park - there was fast food and other restaurants in that area. If you continue walking through the pedestrian area you find yourself very close to Trinity College. The one downside to the location is that depending on what time you get back to the hotel at night the park may be closed so you have to walk around it. The streets were lit well but there aren't many pedestrians out. The staff at the hotel was always very friendly. I would defintely consider staying here again. Also, on the website they say that the have a garden in back. To get into the garden the front desk clerk has to unlock the gate for you. Personally, it wasn't worth going in there because St Stephen's Green is much prettier.

Room Tip: Our room was in the back of the hotel so it was near the park which was quiet. I can't say for...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne1986
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Really enjoyed our stay here. Very accommodating. We arrived about 8AM dublin time after flying all night from WA state. They found us a room that was very comfortable. After napping we walked a short distance through St Stephens green and we were at the Grafton street mall. Also close to Trinity college, museums and the bus stops. Staff were very hospitable. great value for the money. Small garden behind building nice for morning coffee.

Room Tip: No elevator. Rooms in back are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coupleofsightseers
County Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I found Stauntons on The Green to be the perfect place to stay on a recent one night stay in Dublin city centre. The receptionist that greeted me was very friendly & helpful. Stauntons is primarily, however, all about the location. It is perfectly positioned on St Stephen's Green & thus central to everything. I paid 84 euro for b & b which was very good for such a centrally positioned guesthouse. The room was adequate for one person though the television was old & the remote control didn't work making channel hopping a real chore! My room was at the front but i had armed myself with earplugs so no problem. The bed was very comfortable. The shower room was small but adequate. No shelves for toiletries. Breakfast was fine. No pastries that i could see but the "full Irish" was good. I was able to leave my overnight bag at reception after checking out so that i could go shopping. I'd like to thank the man who was there on my return, Jim i think who, after difficulty hailing a taxi for me, drove me to pearse station with all my bags. Above & beyond service!

• Stayed December 2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Huge room for 2 people.
Old but cosy. Staff helpful. Breakfast good. We had a car that was taken to a car park and was brought to us when we required.
No street parking.

• Stayed November 2011
Eire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

The cleanliness and poor service of this guesthouse left a lot to be desired. I would most definitely not recommend a stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels