US$177
US$157
US$124
Croke Park Hotel
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

US$230
US$231
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Academy Plaza Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$156
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$120
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$409
US$387
Westbury Hotel
  • Restaurant
All reviewstalbot streetcelt pubfull irish breakfastbar next doorno elevatortesco expresslive music every nightirish musicwithin walking distanceevery eveningcentral locationexcellent locationbreakfast includedminute walk to temple baro'connell stbreakfast staffshort stay
Reviewed July 13, 2017

Excellent location (5min walk from O'Connell), the room was small (and bathroom tiny!) but clean enough. A little noisy at nights because of the traffic and pubs in the streets.
Staff at reception was ok, you just have to ask if you need anything because they won't ask you first, Esther (in care of breakfast) is lovely and funny.
No wifi in the hotel apart from the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank missChachou76
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Location was good, not a far walk from O'Connell street and a 15 minute walk to Temple Bar. Room was very basic, but clean enough for what we needed. My father and I stayed 3 nights before joining a bus tour. The front desk staff were always friendly and helpful. Great breakfast to start the day. I was sorely disappointed in our room for a few particular reasons. I had researched heavily before booking and the guesthouse looked like what we needed. However, the pictures are deceiving, our room was very small (which I expected) but it felt like our room was a converted utility room. I never thought I would have to ask specifically for a room with a window at eye level. It was ridiculous and certainly would not pass Canadian fire codes. The whole trip we had a running joke about how nice our other hotels were because we had a window. The window in this room was near the ceiling, and had a mickey mouse cord tied to a handle to open and shut it. Further more, 'open' was not much. The room was quite hot, at least we had the smallest fan I've ever seen to cool us down. ha. So if you are booking here, because of the location, breakfast, and price, please remember to ask for a room with a window you can see out of. If it wasn't for the staff I would be rating this lower.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window at eye level
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank nataliemccluskey
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Few people seemed to know how to get to Talbot street so we dragged our suitcases up and down O'Connell trying to find a sign for Talbot. We discovered that there are many people living here who are from other countries.

I explained in my correspondence that I have difficulty climbing stairs. He wrote back that we would be on the first floor which pleased me until we arrived and learned that the Irish have the same floor numbering system as Europe and the first floor was up a long staircase. This is where we first met Esther who was cleaning the stairs and she made sure to dry them well so I wouldn't slip. Esther also served breakfasts and her warm humor, her delightful laugh and her concern for the clients was heartwarming. There was also a younger girl working along with her weekdays who was so very nice.

Reception was polite but nothing more. The front rooms are adequate size however the bathroom was very tiny. The major problem with room 101 was the noise and if we had the window open to get fresh air, the fumes from delivery trucks would fill the room. Avoid front rooms.

The breakfast was more than enough for us and their dark break that is made in the kitchen is delicious. We will miss the bread so much as well as Esther.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gale43
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Hotel was basic but everything you need if you're just looking to explore Dublin and don't want to spend too much money on a place to sleep! Room was small but comfy and clean. Free breakfast was great. Wifi was rather spotty so don't plan to do work or streaming there. Location was really convenient - we had heard that it was a rough area but we were totally fine even late at night. Bar downstairs is very cute and fun

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place. It was clean with adequate amenities, and I can't fault the location it was perfect.

However the wifi barely worked, not just in our room but most of the building. There was a strong smell of cigarettes in our room and the hallway on the second floor. Also there were several times when no one was at the desk to let us in even though the reception is 24 hours. They came after the bell was pushed. If our key had opened the external door that wouldn't have been an issue, but it doesn't.

I left wishing I had paid more to book somewhere else and not gone for the relative "bargain". It really wasn't a bargain at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple