“Beautiful and Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
Ranked #40 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed at Number 31 just one night as we took a layover in Dublin on our way to Amsterdam, but this hotel suited us perfectly and went above my expectations. We arrived very early in the morning, and received a complementary (candle-lit, as the sun wasn't due to rise for another hour) breakfast even though we weren't checking in for a few hours. After breakfast the owner gave us the lowdown of the neighborhood and Dublin in general, picking out on a map the best attractions and places to eat in the one day we had in the city. Our room was beautifully decorated, breakfast was as great as all of the other reviewers note, and we had a wonderful time. We'll be back when we return for a tour of Ireland.

Room Tip: Check their website, it gives a good description of the features of each type of room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chris P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Mife wife and I live in Dublin and are reasonably busy at the moment with two young children. No 31 had been recommended to us by a friend as an ideal place for a quiet night away (nana babysitting) with easy access to town and a great breakfast. I will not bore you with too long a description of all that is good about this place but at the same time I want to do it justice. Hosts: fantastic. The proprietor met us in person and attended to each and every one of our needs. Room; Extremely tastefully decorated with beautiful high ceilings and elaborate decor. Nice bathroom also. Bed very comfortable. Hotel in general is extremely interesting, a fine example of Georgian splendour with added bonus of famously designed mews building where breakfast is served. Breakfast: EXCEPTIONAL. The finest I have ever enjoyed. Fresh fruit (try the rhubarb fool/compote? to start) was the best I have ever tasted on these shores. The cooked breakfasts were exquisite (I have eggs Bendict cook to perfection and my wife had the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon). My only problem was that i was just staying for one day and couldn't try more. The location in town was also ideal. We had a pre-theatre dinner in One Pico and retired to the Shelboure for a few drinks.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Brian D
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

My 3 friends and I were in town to visit a conference for 3 days and from the moment we walked in the door we were made more than welcome by the friendliest hotel owner I have ever met. Despite our arrival time being before regular check in time, we sat us down with tea and cake and organised the room to be ready for us immediately. without much check in formalities we were given keys and showed key spots on the map, and taken to our room. Breakfast was delicious, it made me want to sneak the entire bowl of the homemade granola home and they made eggs fresh to order. Beds were comfortable, bathroom clean, great shower, and the building is just spectacular. Look no more, you simply must stay here.
5 out of 5 in every aspect.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank LotjeChili
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Once in a really rare blue moon you stumble on a humdinger of a hotel and this is one of them.
Set in two separate buildings with a hidden garden between them it's a cross between Austin Powers groovy ( sunken lounge, white tiles, sixties ambience ) and old-style Georgian ornate that shouldn't really work but does beautifully.
Our room ( 19 ) was another mix of thrown-together furniture and high-tech bathroom that somehow worked brilliantly and from the moment we walked into the hotel to be met with the offer of a pot of tea by the legendary Noel to the excellent breakfast the following morning after a long night's carousing in the carousingist city of them all we couldn't find a single fault.
Free parking,a comfortable bed and excellent helpful hosts made this a proper hostelry.
This is a gem of a hotel just a Guinness-stagger away from St Stephen's Green and in an age of bland, faceless hotels it was, if you'll excuse the cliche, a home from home.
Especially if your home is groovy baby !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wahaay
kalamazoo, mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

A lovely boutique hotel a few minutes walk from the city center. Kind and passionate staff, incredible breakfast. I won't consider any other accommodations when I return to Dublin.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank jamiek830
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed five nights at Number 31 in January 2012. I really enjoyed my stay, it really felt like staying in someones home. The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast amazing and my room had its own private garden! The best part, however, was the bed! I don't think I've ever slept in a better bed! It was simply amazing!

The only problem was the door to my room, it was incredibly difficult to unlock the door! I probably spent at least a minute trying to unlock every time! I notified one of the staff members, so hopefully it's been fixed already!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Anna B
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I have never written a Trip Advisor review before, but feel the need to do so after staying at this hotel. 3 friends and I (2 Londoners & 2 from NYC) went for a quick New Year's trip & a major highlight was definitely Number 31. It is absolutely beautiful and feels as if you're staying in someone's Georgian mansion. The breakfast is completely amazing (as everyone on here has already said) and Noel & the rest of the hosts could not have been nicer, more informative or more accommodating. It's also super close to everything you'll want to see & especially close to St. Stephen's Green park, which is gorgeous. I think we only took a cab once in 5 days. I've been telling everyone about this place so take my advice & stay here!

Room Tip: If possible, try to stay in the house out back, not in the area in the main where the breakfast room...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends