“Best breakfast in the world!”
Review of Number 31

Number 31
Ranked #46 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at No31 while we planned a "get away from it" weekend and was not disappointed by No31. The house is beautiful, tastefully decorated and spacious rooms. The host and staff are warm and welcoming and made you feel like nothing was to much to ask.
Great location and only a five minute walk to the centre of Dublin.
What can we say about breakfast but "the best ever" So much choice and everything so nicely presented and very tasty.
You will not be disappointed if you book Number 31 and will defiantely go back again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luludExeter

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed at Number 31 just one night as we took a layover in Dublin on our way to Amsterdam, but this hotel suited us perfectly and went above my expectations. We arrived very early in the morning, and received a complementary (candle-lit, as the sun wasn't due to rise for another hour) breakfast even though we weren't checking in for a few hours. After breakfast the owner gave us the lowdown of the neighborhood and Dublin in general, picking out on a map the best attractions and places to eat in the one day we had in the city. Our room was beautifully decorated, breakfast was as great as all of the other reviewers note, and we had a wonderful time. We'll be back when we return for a tour of Ireland.

Room Tip: Check their website, it gives a good description of the features of each type of room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Mife wife and I live in Dublin and are reasonably busy at the moment with two young children. No 31 had been recommended to us by a friend as an ideal place for a quiet night away (nana babysitting) with easy access to town and a great breakfast. I will not bore you with too long a description of all that is good about this place but at the same time I want to do it justice. Hosts: fantastic. The proprietor met us in person and attended to each and every one of our needs. Room; Extremely tastefully decorated with beautiful high ceilings and elaborate decor. Nice bathroom also. Bed very comfortable. Hotel in general is extremely interesting, a fine example of Georgian splendour with added bonus of famously designed mews building where breakfast is served. Breakfast: EXCEPTIONAL. The finest I have ever enjoyed. Fresh fruit (try the rhubarb fool/compote? to start) was the best I have ever tasted on these shores. The cooked breakfasts were exquisite (I have eggs Bendict cook to perfection and my wife had the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon). My only problem was that i was just staying for one day and couldn't try more. The location in town was also ideal. We had a pre-theatre dinner in One Pico and retired to the Shelboure for a few drinks.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My 3 friends and I were in town to visit a conference for 3 days and from the moment we walked in the door we were made more than welcome by the friendliest hotel owner I have ever met. Despite our arrival time being before regular check in time, we sat us down with tea and cake and organised the room to be ready for us immediately. without much check in formalities we were given keys and showed key spots on the map, and taken to our room. Breakfast was delicious, it made me want to sneak the entire bowl of the homemade granola home and they made eggs fresh to order. Beds were comfortable, bathroom clean, great shower, and the building is just spectacular. Look no more, you simply must stay here.
5 out of 5 in every aspect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank LotjeChili
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Once in a really rare blue moon you stumble on a humdinger of a hotel and this is one of them.
Set in two separate buildings with a hidden garden between them it's a cross between Austin Powers groovy ( sunken lounge, white tiles, sixties ambience ) and old-style Georgian ornate that shouldn't really work but does beautifully.
Our room ( 19 ) was another mix of thrown-together furniture and high-tech bathroom that somehow worked brilliantly and from the moment we walked into the hotel to be met with the offer of a pot of tea by the legendary Noel to the excellent breakfast the following morning after a long night's carousing in the carousingist city of them all we couldn't find a single fault.
Free parking,a comfortable bed and excellent helpful hosts made this a proper hostelry.
This is a gem of a hotel just a Guinness-stagger away from St Stephen's Green and in an age of bland, faceless hotels it was, if you'll excuse the cliche, a home from home.
Especially if your home is groovy baby !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wahaay
Reviewed 30 January 2012

A lovely boutique hotel a few minutes walk from the city center. Kind and passionate staff, incredible breakfast. I won't consider any other accommodations when I return to Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank jamiek830
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed five nights at Number 31 in January 2012. I really enjoyed my stay, it really felt like staying in someones home. The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast amazing and my room had its own private garden! The best part, however, was the bed! I don't think I've ever slept in a better bed! It was simply amazing!

The only problem was the door to my room, it was incredibly difficult to unlock the door! I probably spent at least a minute trying to unlock every time! I notified one of the staff members, so hopefully it's been fixed already!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo