We just *happened* to be in Europe during St. Patrick's Day 2012, and my childhood friend just *happens* to live in Dublin, so we thought, Why not?!
Temple Bar Hotel was literally the only place in town that had an open room for under 250 euro/night on St. Patty's weekend, but it turned out to be a perfect place to stay.
- Location is absolutely perfect for experiencing night life and excitement in Dublin. Very close to the river, down the street from Trinity College, and immediately around the corner from the Airbus stop that will take you to/from the airport for a very convenient fee (I think it was 12 euro round trip or "return" as they say in Dublin).
- The room was clean, spacious, and pretty comfortable.
- Staff were very friendly and helpful. (Shout-out to Jenny, who answered all our stupid questions with a graceful smile!)
- Breakfast was a good spread with a lot of great options.
- Bathroom was spacious, with a good shower and tub.
- Free wifi worked just fine; my husband even used it for a work-related Skype call with no problems.
- The bed wasn't particularly comfy; the mattress felt old and full of springs, so we tossed and turned all night and felt it every time.
- The door to the hallway was kind of thin, so we could easily hear anyone passing by outside. But if you go to bed late enough and wake up early enough, it's not a problem, because most people are in bed when you're trying to sleep.
- Not a lot of electrical outlets in the room! We had to unplug the TV to recharge our computers, etc.
Overall, a lovely experience. Recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Temple Bar in Dublin, Temple Bar Hotel is an icon of contemporary design, bringing together a boutique feel and charming hotel service. We guarantee you a great stay in our newly refurbished hotel. The Temple Bar hotel is minutes away from Grafton Street, Henry Street and Dublin's main thoroughfare O`Connell Street and centrally located to Trinity College, museums, the Famous Guinness Storehouse and Jameson Distillery. The choice of restaurants and bars is on our doorstep including our own Buskers Bar which has live music 7 nights a week. If you are looking to catch up with friends or enjoy a drink in a relaxing bar we suggest you try our newest restaurant and bar Toast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Temple Bar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Temple Bar
- Temple Bar Dublin
- Temple Bar Hotel Dublin