Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Chester Beatty
from US$16.50
More Info
from US$68.30
More Info
3,671 results
All reviews amazing collection grounds of dublin castle world religions silk road cafe illuminated manuscripts religious texts rooftop garden private collection major religions asian art on display ancient books new testament free museum book lovers small museum gift shop
Reviewed November 30, 2017

This is an excellent museum for those interested in manuscripts and religion. An extensive collection of beautifully illuminated texts, particularly Islamic. The restaurant and gift shop are also worth exploring/partaking.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

I was amazed at how many books and artifacts this library has and that too it’s free. There are wonderful ancient texts from all over Asia and Middle East and also the Far East which are priceless. In addition to ancient biblical texts. I stumbled upon a tour given by a very knowledgeable lady originally from Karachi whose name I never got but if she is ever there do join her group as she brought the books manuscripts and artifacts to life with her insights. Put a lot of pieces of the puzzle in my head together for which I’m grateful to her. There is a nice cafe in the lobby down and there is a free coat check too. I somehow preferred it to the book of Kells

Reviewed November 26, 2017

This place is really lovely. We were greeted by a male member of staff who was amazingly helpful and talked us through everything. You could see how passionate he was which made for a very enjoyable visit. Enjoyed the temporary exhibition. Cafe looked nice but we didn't stay.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

This cafe is a piece of gold in terms of the food and the location - A fantastic Museum of Oriental art and history. Located in a part of Dublin Castle.

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

This is no classic library. You have 3 rooms with different topics: Asian culture, 3 of the biggest religions and some sketches. I believe they are changed periodically. I recommend to go here well rested so you can enjoy the texts. We went after a walk in the city, visiting Dublinia, the church and the castle, so we weren't really in the mood for reading.
On the plus side, this is a free attraction, but donations are welcomed.