“EXCELLENT!”

Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Matt the Thresher is an award winning family owned Seafood Bar and Restaurant, specialising in fresh wild Irish Seafood. We are located in the heart of Georgian Dublin in the city centre not far from St Stephen Green. We are opened 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended, you can book on line or email/phone Brid and she will be only be delighted to look after your requirements.
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Somebody local recommended me this restaurant. We booked online a few hours before and we loved it. They offered us a nice table, service was impeccable and the food amazing. The fish platter is big and good, but the dishes of the day were even better. There was my colleague talking about the best Hake she ever had while I enjoyed exquisite scallops. When in Dublin and if you like seafood do not miss this – you would regret it!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,902)

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Brought my wife here for birthday celebrations,what a fabulous idea, even if I do say so myself. This place rocks. Don't use trip advisor very often but want make sure this place thrives, as it deserves to. Food, ambience, service,location,price........I could keep going.
These guys are doing something really different, with style. Highly Recommend.

1  Thank 956Franko
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great value, nice buzz and their hake with citrus butter is fantasic.

1  Thank CNN_Wicklow
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Had a fantastic meal. Great scampi and steak excellent wines reasonably priced. Will definitely be a go to Dublin restaurant for me for the future.

1  Thank Phiddlediddle
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great atmosphere, food, and service. Loved the crab claws and the plaice w/chili butter.

1  Thank PrincessPeach1114