“Amazing breakfasts”

Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We tripped across this place by accident and are very glad we did. In a two-week Ireland stay, this is the best breakfast place we have found. I had the veggie and my husband had the full Irish and both were amazing. Wonderful service as well!

1  Thank Eleanor O
Ruby D, Owner at Ruby Duck Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed Ruby Duck. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Used to live in Dublin so have had my fair share of breakfasts in the city. This was the best I'd had in many a year. The keys? Very tasty sausage, soda bread, black & white puddings - all essentials to a proper Irish breakfast. Combine that with damn fine coffee, a welcoming and ambient atmosphere and a great location at the edge of Temple Bar you have a successful brekkie forage on your hands. I used to work on Aston Quay and can confirm that if the Ruby Duck had been around twenty odd years ago it would have taken up a sizeable proportion of my lunchtime spendings.

1  Thank marksw3960

Thank you for taking the time to write your favourable review we really appreciate the words of encouragement. We look forward to seeing you again, merry Christmas from all at Ruby Duck

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Pleasant little cafe in the midst of Temple Bar with fresh pastries and good coffee. A good place to go in the mornings and spend a little time to sort out and plan the rest of your day in Dublin.

1  Thank summertimeNY
Ruby D, Owner at Ruby Duck Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time in writing your positive review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Participated in a cook demo at ye cafe learning to cook spring rolls, pasta dumplings. Simply amazing tasty and because the group of ten helped make the food it was fun unpredictable and the time flew

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I find it hard to believe that ruby duck has such good reviews. I went here at the weekend with my cousin, prompted by the very healthy reviews here. Overall I was very disappointed. The menu was drab with nothing much to excite the pallet and the food which was served was excessively greasy. My "panini" was in fact a small bap and the "rocket" which I very much desired was in fact iceburg lettuce. Really basic flaws - if you don't have it, don't list it.

The decor is very nice but I wouldn't recommend this cafe to anyone - there is so much better out there! A bit of investment in the menu's diversity really wouldn't go astray. The place also offered no sweet option for breakfast and there was no sign of desserts/scones which disappoints in any cafe.

linda1mam, Owner at Ruby Duck Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Irish galavanter,

You win some you loose some........your review is strange in that i wonder were you actually in Ruby Duck at all??? In reply to it. We grill our bacon and sausage and have been compliamented on this fact by many, We do not serve panini, we serve as stated on our menu Baked Ciabiatta. As to no sweet option ....piled high on our display cabinet are the following homemade scones, freshly baked croissants, danish pastries, 2 tray bakes..plus a further choice from selection of of 5 cakes, were you really here???????.
Best of luck and keep glavanting!!!!!!!