“Outstanding Sushi”

Ranked #353 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$42
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: YAMAMORI IZAKAYA, located at 12-13 South Great Georges Street, Dublin 2, in what was originally Ireland's very first cafe. This old Bewleys building boasts original oriental style decor with a twist. Enjoy the 1940's Chinese and Japanese beer ads and movie posters with a great Asian beer or rice wine, and try our dublin famous homemade Izakaya burger. After your meal we have a lounge downstairs where you can catch a nice Izakaya Lycee cocktail, and enjoy some modern sounds from Dublin's up and coming DJ's. Downstairs is a Japanese style drinking house, serving small Japanese style pub food dishes with great Japanese whiskeys, beers and sake. Come for food or drinks, chill out and listen to some urban lounge deep and soul tunes. The Izakaya has a retro easy going atmosphere and is open 7 days a week from 17:30 and is available for private bookings.
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I eat here a lot and have done for years. I must admit I rarely eat the hot dishes but the sushi is superb.

The sashimi is always super fresh and the rolls are all great, I can't even pick a favorite.

For hot food I only ever have the dumpling a or the tempura which again are both amazing.

1  Thank jamespatrickloftus
There are newer reviews for Yamamori Izakaya

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed the japas, the draft Kirin and the service was great. Would highly recommend here if you like Japanese food and a chilled laid back atmosphere.

1  Thank Una K
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Coming from Sao Paulo, we have quite the selection of Japanese restaurants, both sushi and izakaya. (really...look it up!). Came in here for a late dinner after a week of pub food. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the fish! While not impressed with the variety of izakaya dishes, those that we sampled were decent but the real surprise was the fish. Dublin doesn't scream sushi but you can get a decent meal here.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

For me the price was worth it. The sushi was very special, yet good. The service was great. A little expensive, but Yummi.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here tonight and ordered the duck pancakes, octopus balls and dragon sushi. It all tasted amazing and was very filling. Also reasonably priced. Great atmosphere and helpful staff. Would definitely eat here again and recommend to anyone who wants to eat delicious Japanese food!

1  Thank Nathan Y