“Clean, Fresh & Tasty”

Ranked #346 of 2,864 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$41
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: YAMAMORI IZAKAYA, located at 12-13 South Great Georges Street, Dublin 2, in what was originally Ireland's very first cafe. This old Bewleys building boasts original oriental style decor with a twist. Enjoy the 1940's Chinese and Japanese beer ads and movie posters with a great Asian beer or rice wine, and try our dublin famous homemade Izakaya burger. After your meal we have a lounge downstairs where you can catch a nice Izakaya Lycee cocktail, and enjoy some modern sounds from Dublin's up and coming DJ's. Downstairs is a Japanese style drinking house, serving small Japanese style pub food dishes with great Japanese whiskeys, beers and sake. Come for food or drinks, chill out and listen to some urban lounge deep and soul tunes. The Izakaya has a retro easy going atmosphere and is open 7 days a week from 17:30 and is available for private bookings.
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Met a pal for a pint & decided to go for a quick bite to eat. OK, had a few pints and got the munchies.......as you do ! Didn't want a full "starters & mains" meal so plumped for an oriental journey of small bites. Chanced our arm on Yamamori and discovered a gem. What a lovely find. This is a Japanese tapas bar that's well worth a return visit. Had wonderful Spider Crab and Crayfish & Spicy Mayo Sushi - both wonderfully fresh & zingy with wasabi & pickled ginger on the side. Great staff: all charming, attentive & knowledgable without being in your face. I can see myself coming back here.....

Reviewed September 15, 2017

The cocktails are a bit pricey, but taste really amazing! They have a lot of original cocktails that use Japanese ingredients, so really unexpected flavors that work great together! I order 2 temakis for only €5 each, and found the ingredients really fresh and well seasoned.
A great place for a date or to go with friends.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

We ordered vegetable tampura, simply done but tastey, pork dumpling which was excellent and sushi.
Good service but poor wine selection. The Japanese beer sufficed.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

+ great location and atmosphere, mix of Asian and pub decoration
+ Great choice of sushi,Japas and more
+ We had tonkatsu chicken, vegetable Tempura and pork gyoza and everything was fantastic, tastes like in Japan
+ Sparkling water as much as you want for 1 €
+ Very friendly staff

- In fact no negative points this time...

Would definitely go there very often if I lived there

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

I usually go to Yamamori noodles across the road so me & my brother thought we'd go here instead for a change. The decor inside is amazing. As a big fan of Japan & Asia I was in heaven. I'm a vegetarian so my brother, who's been there before) recommended certain dishes. I got tempura vegetables. They were delicious & the dipping sauce with it was very nice. We shared veg gyoza (?) Pic attached. The pic doesn't do them justice. Also we got fried tofu & rice rolls (can't remember name) Even the white rice was great.

If you want to you could go downstairs for a look, there's more tables and a function room/nightclub. Though we don't smoke, my brother brought to the smoking area to show me how it is like being transferred to a street in Asia.
Loved the entire place & will go to that Yamamori branch more often.