1,653 results
All reviews leisure centre tram stop leisure club swimming pool luas line steam room lovely hotel minute walk dublin city centre family room cooked breakfast booked this hotel short break full irish hotel bar kylemore euro
Reviewed September 9, 2018

We booked this hotel through an external website. When we arrived there was a mix up on the reservation. On the hotel confirmation, it was a twin, on mine a standard double. There was barely an apology from the man on reception and he said there was nothing he could do, we'd have to have the twin room, end of. As we arrived late in the day, there was little we could do. The room was paid for and we couldn't afford to go to another hotel. Had we arrived earlier I would have left and gone home. When we got to the room it was like a shoe box. The sloped ceiling was so low my husband banged his head on it numerous times. We went to the bar for food as we were starving. The starters were mediocre at best/ The main courses were dreadful. There was a mix up with my husbands order, the waiter told him he could wait for his beef or have lamb, there was no lamb on the menu!! The beef dish was not as described, there was one slice of meat on a pile of mash with two pieces of carrot and one piece of broccoli. No roast potatoes, an abundance of stuffing, and a sorry looking yorkshire pudding. I ordered the curry. It could only be described as a chip shop curry sauce with a few things thrown in. It was awful. The following morning my husband went to have a shower, it wasn't working. We went for breakfast. I normally would have fruit salad, however, a couple of flies hovering over the buffet put me off. Again there was a mix up with my husbands fry that had to be rectified, the bacon was missing. We overheard a couple behind us with the same query, no bacon on the fry. And a couple alongside us had to make a complaint for the second morning running.I was never so glad to be checking out of a hotel. In future I will be extremely careful to research properly as this was a complete shambles. This hotel cost €192 for a crap room with crap breakfast. Extortionate

Room tip: Don't choose a room here
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BellaSophe
Diarmuid H, Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I was disappointed to hear to had some issues during your stay I would have liked to speak with you before you left the hotel. I can assure you that this is not the normal standard of service that we provide here in Sheldon Park as you will see from the previous reviews, it is very rare that we receive negative comments about hotel, in fact quite the opposite, should you wish to discuss this further I would appreciate if you would contact me on the information below.

Kindest Regards
Diarmuid Hyaes

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Free car park, efficient check in. We got to our room and the room (137) had no outside window and was extremely hot. We opened the hallway window to get a bit of airflow, but it didn’t help. By 11 pm we couldn’t sleep and asked for a room change. They brought us fans. We literally tossed and turned all night.
Amenities in room are good. There is a tub, but no bath plug.
Also ate in hotel restaurant for dinner. Food was average, and a bit expensive.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Diarmuid H, Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, 137 does not have an outside window, fans and bath plugs are available on request. I hope to welcome you back to Sheldon Park in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Kamal at the bar is one of the greatest bartenders we had in Ireland, his attitude and service was above and beyond and he made the drunken nights in the bar far more thrilling and comfortable than expected. Would highly recommend a ginger Jameson with kamal and his wonderful company :)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I will pass on your kind words to Kamal

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We spent one night on this hotel, the situation was good , close to the airport and the city, but the bed was not very good , the style of the hotel is old, the breakfast was just basical.
3/5 for us !

Date of stay: August 2018

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2018

I booked a 6-night stay for November at this hotel. I purchased through the Trip Advisor link. If you search this hotel on Trip Advisor you will see they clearly advertise free cancellation up to 7 days before your stay. Free cancellation is available for every room type, every day. You can see for yourself if you check it out.
Today, August 24, 2018, I attempted to cancel my reservation. The people at Cancelon (interesting name) who handle the bookings and cancellations for Sheldon
Park are insisting that I must pay a $47 cancellation fee. They will deduct the 47 from my refund. I told them that they advertise free cancellation on all their rooms, but they insist that the policy is to charge $7 for all cancellations UP TO 7 days before your stay. The policy is not on your printed out voucher. It is, however, available by clicking a link on the email they send you that also has a link to your voucher.
The interesting thing here is that this email is only sent to you AFTER you pay them.
So prior to paying them, they very clearly state FREE Cancellation on the Trip Advisor website.
ONLY AFTER PAYING THEM DO THEY MENTION A CANCELLATION FEE. And even then you have to look for it.
They are crooks plain and simple. They bait and switch the customers and they get away with it because most people don't cancel.
BUYER BEWARE

Room tip: Book elsewhere
Date of stay: August 2018