1,625 results
All reviews leisure centre leisure club tram stop swimming hat swimming pool luas line steam room lovely hotel minute walk dublin city centre family room cooked breakfast short break booked this hotel hotel bar full irish kylemore
Reviewed September 14, 2018

We had a family gathering here on New Year’s Eve 2017.

Some family members stayed in the hotel while others just joined in on the night for the entertainment.

The bar was busy as expected and the band was set up by the doors.

We got seating together which was great so we were all able to sit beside each other around a large table.

The evening was really fantastic and the band really played to their strengths and got everybody (well most everybody) up to dance.

The really great thing about this night and the bar in general: the staff! The service was second to none. From the bar staff serving behind the bar to the young waiting staff, you were never waiting long for a drink. There was young Asian girl that served our table and she was absolutely brilliant. She was very always attentive to us if and when we wanted to place an order and was always quick to return with same. She has this beaming smile and she was so warm and polite. She is a credit to herself, her family and this hotel is lucky to have her.

This was a really good night that was planned and organised well by the hotel. Well done to all.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Diarmuid H, Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for review, I was delighted to read your comments, I hope to welcome you back to Sheldon Park in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Operations Manager.

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

All members of staff are friendly room was excellent food was excellent as well. I would have no problems in staying here again. Thank you for a wonderful stay. It’s is easy to get to from the airport just 30 minutes away & it’s location is ideal to get in to Dublin as there a tram lane 5 minuets walk away so no driving it’s so easy

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Diarmuid H, Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Dear Mr. Hitchen,

Thank you for your review, i was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, we hope to welcome you to Sheldon Park in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2018

As a Ballyfermot native, I have carvery at the Sheldon park every Sunday with my husband and his elderly mother in law. The food has been getting worse each week the past month or so! I always get the beef and it was tough last Sunday, gravy was like the granules from Aldi. The worst part was my favourite thing about the carvery is the stuffing and it tastes bland now. It used to taste like my granny's recipe. My mother in law always asks for gravy on the side and the chef was a younger man, not the usual gentleman we were used to, poured gravy all over the food even though we asked for it to be on the side. Not much consideration given to customers anymore. What a shame. It was our favourite place to go for over a year now. Unless the food goes back to its previous standard we wont be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa O
Diarmuid H, Manager at Sheldon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience, I was disappointed read that the food is not up to the usual standards As you will see from the previous reviews, it is very rare that we receive negative comment in regards to our food, in fact quite the opposite, however please accept my apologies for the short comings I hope to see you back to the hotel for lunch and should you wish to discuss this matter further i would appreciate if you would contact me on the information below.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I have visited this hotel three times and I don't consider myself a complainer but I never had a hassle free stay here. The last two occasions I was put in a room next to a building site ok not much they can do so I didn't complain but I wasn't happy been woken up at 6am by the sound of drilling and hammering, but on checking in today I asked for a room away from the construction site I was told by the receptionist that "there is not drilling now so you should be fine" I felt she was being a little smart about it and request another room. Then tonight I waited 105mins for a pizza in their restaurant. The staff although apologetic some of there customer service skills need to be brushed up on but. I will never stay here again. But to finish on a positive note, at least the rooms are clean.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank andrewring

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review I was disappointed to read of your experience, thank you for bringing it to my attention this will be investigated, should you wish to discuss further with me I would appreciate if you would contact me on the information below.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Very pleasant hotel, within easy reach of city centre by tram (5 mins walk, very regular, run until midnight). We didn't use the trains which are also near. We didn't have time to use the leisure centre, so can't comment on that, except to say that the receptionist said that we need to wear a swim cap and could buy one there if we wanted to swim, so bring your own if you have one.
very pleasant staff. The rooms were clean and everything you need, including a retracting drying line over the bath, which i think every hotel should have (apparently it rains a lot in Dublin, although we were lucky on our 4 day stay).
The rooms were not overheated, and the window opened, which is great for me as many hotels are stuffy and too hot. The hotel was apparently full when we were there, but there was little noise, so slept well.
we found it a very useful base for visiting Dublin. We would use it again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family