“Nice place for a snack or light meal”
Review of IFI Cafe Bar

IFI Cafe Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
IFI Cafe Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #805 of 3,048 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American, Irish, Italian
Reviewed April 9, 2017

I have been here several times but never reviewed. It is a nice peaceful place in the city to have a drink or something to eat. Always enjoyed the food I had here but for me it is more for a snack than a full dinner.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

We went in here in a hurry just before a film. Explained to the server that we had limited time. She was really friendly and our food came within 10 minutes. Lasagne came with fries or a salad at €10.50, so prices are quite reasonable. Large glass of wine €8.75. Has a full bar. Busy place and not widely known. Worth a try, especially if you're heading to the IFI.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 5, 2017

I was here with two friends on a Sunday 2 or 3 weeks ago. The service was terrible! I couldn't believe it. It seemed like the waiting staff had never been trained. They were slow, casual and noncholant. I saw a waitress flick and toss her long hair, again and again, while carrying plates of food (no mean feat, I can tell you) or while behind the bar area. Yuck! Who needs parmazan on your spagetti when you can have dandruff!?! I had a chick pea sauce. Basically it was warmed up tinned tomatoes with a few miserable chick peas. Reminded me of hospital food, except that the chunky courgettes were perfectly cooked!

I had a great chat with my two friends, but we were all mightily unimpressed with this place. We were 'normal' patrons; we weren't cranky or demanding. I'm ashamed to say I didn't leave a tip -- very unlike me. Sorry, waiting staff.

Very unfortunate because otherwise the IFC is great. I'll certainly watch films here again, but we'll eat elsewhere.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed February 2, 2017

I ordered falafel from the restaurant. It was served with pita bread and I discovered that there was blue mold on it. We notified the waiter, who muffled "eww" and took it away. There was no real apology from staff. Very poor food and very poor service. Would not recommend.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed the mixed bruscetta starter..hummus, salsa and pesto. The salmon, avocado and creme fraiche was so tasty. We had the battered fish and chips. Good value and friendly service.

Date of visit: January 2017