“Nice place for a snack or light meal”

Irish Film Institute Restaurant
Ranked #1,041 of 2,729 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American, Irish, Italian
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I have been here several times but never reviewed. It is a nice peaceful place in the city to have a drink or something to eat. Always enjoyed the food I had here but for me it is more for a snack than a full dinner.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We went in here in a hurry just before a film. Explained to the server that we had limited time. She was really friendly and our food came within 10 minutes. Lasagne came with fries or a salad at €10.50, so prices are quite reasonable. Large glass of wine €8.75. Has a full bar. Busy place and not widely known. Worth a try, especially if you're heading to the IFI.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I was here with two friends on a Sunday 2 or 3 weeks ago. The service was terrible! I couldn't believe it. It seemed like the waiting staff had never been trained. They were slow, casual and noncholant. I saw a waitress flick and toss her long hair, again and again, while carrying plates of food (no mean feat, I can tell you) or while behind the bar area. Yuck! Who needs parmazan on your spagetti when you can have dandruff!?! I had a chick pea sauce. Basically it was warmed up tinned tomatoes with a few miserable chick peas. Reminded me of hospital food, except that the chunky courgettes were perfectly cooked!

I had a great chat with my two friends, but we were all mightily unimpressed with this place. We were 'normal' patrons; we weren't cranky or demanding. I'm ashamed to say I didn't leave a tip -- very unlike me. Sorry, waiting staff.

Very unfortunate because otherwise the IFC is great. I'll certainly watch films here again, but we'll eat elsewhere.

1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I used to go there every week but New staff are very rude.. miss the old waiters.. so friendly, but dont see them there anymore.
even at the ticket office, they act as if you're doing them a favour.. asking for the toilet code they grumbled at me and asked if i was a member before giving it to me hesitantly.. got a cake and it was again given to me with no smile no thanks.. it annoyed me,, to the point i wont be going there again soon.. sad to say as its a really great place .. but its something you need to sort out quickly

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I ordered falafel from the restaurant. It was served with pita bread and I discovered that there was blue mold on it. We notified the waiter, who muffled "eww" and took it away. There was no real apology from staff. Very poor food and very poor service. Would not recommend.