“Great sweet potato fries”

Irish Film Institute Restaurant
Ranked #861 of 2,883 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American, Irish, Italian
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Went here before a movie and loved the food. I had fish and sweet potato fries which tasted really good. I asked to change from normal chips and was told there would be an extra charge which annoyed me a bit because I wasn't asking for extra just different chips. The service was really good and they were very friendly.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Disappointed ...arrived 4.30 very understaffed. Starter chicken wings awful must have been microwaved. Bottle of wine just plonked on the table. .without a word. Mains just ok. All staff seem to arrive nearer 6pm. Overall not a pleasant experience .

Reviewed September 17, 2017

The portions are huge! I love the way they serve water in this cafe. The staff are efficient and friendly. It is well worth trying out as it has a lot of options.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I've been here twice now after a film (Dunkirk and The Beguiled are worth a watch) and I haven't been disappointed. The lasagna was lovely and it was the right size as well. The burger and chips were sooo good. No negative comment to make here!

Reviewed July 17, 2017

I have been to the IFI restaurant many times, mainly for Sunday morning brunch. Up to yesterday, I would have said its a great spot and given it a 5 rating. After my experience yesterday it is lucky to get a 3!!... Unusually for a Sunday it was extremely quiet. 5 of us were meeting for brunch and we arrived in stages. While waiting for 1 last person 2 of us ordered tea - and had to remind the staff twice to bring it to us. My Eggs Benedict came on a plate full of water and had to be returned. One of my friend's portion of scrambled egg was so small (size of a tablespoon) she had to ask for more. To top it all her cappuccino tasted of salt!!... The staff weren't busy as the place was quite empty, yet it was virtually impossible to get their attention. One of the group is a member of the IFI and had given over her membership card - but when it came to the bill the discount normally applied for members was not taken off. Ok so they did take the cost of the salty cappuccino off the bill. Needless to say we left a very minimal tip - in fact they were lucky to get a tip off us at all. I love the IFI for movies but I doubt I will go to the restaurant again.