“Hell”

The Flaming Stone
Ranked #2,277 of 2,857 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The worst restaurant I have ever been to. The place was dirty.
The staff were lazy and most of them did not look like they wanted to be there. If you are considering eating at Terminal 1 I would recommend looking for another eaterie.

4  Thank Cerrut

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I travelled through Dublin Airport on the way home and had breakfast here. Not a good experience. I see this place has 42 reviews and 34 of them are 'terrible' or 'poor'. Says it all really.

I followed directions up an escalator to the 'food hall' but when I arrived, all I could see was this place.

It was bright, clean and tidy. I was shown to a table almost immediately. A waitress came and took my order. Scrambled eggs with toast and hot chocolate. Should have been easy.

The hot chocolate arrived within 5 minutes. It was OK, a bit watery. I improved it by adding milk from the jug that was already on the table.

After a while I began to wonder where the eggs were. I could see meals piling up on the servery leading from the chef's area and being ignored. Various members of staff went and chatted to the chef but not one of them bothered to pick up the plates and deliver them to the tables! In any restaurant this would be unacceptable, but in a place where the customers all have planes to catch, it's just crazy.

After a long wait, the eggs and toast arrived. No apology for the delay. The eggs were well cooked, but swimming in a sea of warm water. The toast was very lightly brown on one side and totally uncooked on the other. If any of the waiting staff had asked how The food was, I might have said something, but I never saw them again.

That's right, never. I looked for someone to pay, but there was not one member of staff in sight. I left enough cash on the table to cover what I had ordered, got up and left. I could easily have walked off without paying but, luckily for them, I am honest.

Never again.

1  Thank Crapmodem
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Went to the counter to order food as we seemed to have become invisible once we were actually seated in the restaurant. Table we were sitting at really needed to be wiped down but at least it was better than the others close by. The food arrived fairly quickly but one order had been completely forgotten about. Could not attract the attention of the waitress to indicate this so eventually had to go to counter again. Apparent that order had not been made up and I was told to have a seat and food would be with me in a couple of minutes. 10 minutes later it arrived by waitress without apology and was perfunctorily placed on the table.
To be fair the food was actually well cooked and tasty. However, all other aspects of customer service were absent.

2  Thank 526DaveM
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Waited for 10 mins to have our order taken. After 20 minutes of waiting for our food another waitress came up asking would we like to order again because they lost our order. Ridiculous considering it wasn't busy at all. Unapologetic staff who seemed to lazy to care about their customers. Steer clear.

1  Thank PatrickKk147
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stay away from this place, expensive and disgusting, bacon had more fat than meat, sausages far too spicy, scrambled egg looked overheated, the staff were very ignorant, I personally think they all need to be trained in customer service as not one of them had an ounce of politeness in them, the best bit of this unpleasant visit, was them giving me too much change back and me leaving! I would rather eat in mcdonalds in a toilets than go in there again! Vile place!