“Avoid.....at all costs. Better going hungry instead.”
Review of The Flaming Stone

The Flaming Stone
Ranked #2,259 of 2,830 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

If only I had read the reviews first.

Come in waiting to be seated. Several others just dander past and take a seat.

Eventually get seated at 8.55.
At 9.00 Julia takes our order...hard work.

At 9.15 julia comes back and asks if we had ordered. Advised yes from her 15 minutes ago.

Other who came in after got served.

At 9.25, decided to walk out. They didnt seem too bothered so told others in queue, who decided to leave too.

Useless service. Avoid. Should be shut. Taking up valuable floor space.

1  Thank I_Mallon

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm not going to waste much time writing a long review for this awful establishment. Basically, enter, seat yourself because none of the staff can be bothered with you. Wait for 20 minutes for anyone to come near you, when they still don't, go and find someone and order yourself. They do not say a word and lucky if they grunt at you. Food eventually arrives, not very hot. Your pot of tea is being given a tea bag and some hot water in a pot. My cup was stuffed with my order on a piece of paper. Try and find your own butter for your toast as the staff couldn't care less. When finished, try and find someone to pay. Awful awful place and unless every restaurant in the airport is shut down, only then consider this so called restaurant but I think I would rather starve.

2  Thank D0nLucifer
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Early flight, empty stomach. Walking towards my departure gate I saw a big sign for this restaurant, immediately found myself tempted to get something to eat more healthy than a coffee & chocolate from butlers... So I decided to give it a go.
Restaurant is kinda hidden, u have to take some stairs and follow signs, once u get there the fun begins...
1.place half empty but there is a big sign wait to be seated, a family, a couple a I are queuing while waiting staff ignores us. At some point just walked and talked to a waiter only to be told to wait
2. We are assigned seats by a not too friendly hostess/waitress who seemed pissed off
3. Although some tables were seated first and we were ready to order, service was taken from people seated after, this was irritating as we were first.
4.Food is ordered, the express breakfast took a while and the fried egg seemed dry and the rest was just below average.
5. During my time eating I observed the same cycle over and over, people waiting to be seated, food late, angry staff.

My recommendations to the management are:
People wants a Express service - why not to put a self serve table where you can grab your own food! Waiting staff is running around bringing breakfast but you are neglecting customer experience with people waiting to be seated & food. Almost everyone was ordering the express breakfast, have the food ready and if people can serve themselves you can charge by qty making maybe even more profit. You have a staff of around 10 from what I could count that seem more concerned in other tasks than serving customers.

Lesson learnt for me will stick to other places that have a more organized structure for next time!

1  Thank ximie
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The worst restaurant I have ever been to. The place was dirty.
The staff were lazy and most of them did not look like they wanted to be there. If you are considering eating at Terminal 1 I would recommend looking for another eaterie.

4  Thank Cerrut
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I travelled through Dublin Airport on the way home and had breakfast here. Not a good experience. I see this place has 42 reviews and 34 of them are 'terrible' or 'poor'. Says it all really.

I followed directions up an escalator to the 'food hall' but when I arrived, all I could see was this place.

It was bright, clean and tidy. I was shown to a table almost immediately. A waitress came and took my order. Scrambled eggs with toast and hot chocolate. Should have been easy.

The hot chocolate arrived within 5 minutes. It was OK, a bit watery. I improved it by adding milk from the jug that was already on the table.

After a while I began to wonder where the eggs were. I could see meals piling up on the servery leading from the chef's area and being ignored. Various members of staff went and chatted to the chef but not one of them bothered to pick up the plates and deliver them to the tables! In any restaurant this would be unacceptable, but in a place where the customers all have planes to catch, it's just crazy.

After a long wait, the eggs and toast arrived. No apology for the delay. The eggs were well cooked, but swimming in a sea of warm water. The toast was very lightly brown on one side and totally uncooked on the other. If any of the waiting staff had asked how The food was, I might have said something, but I never saw them again.

That's right, never. I looked for someone to pay, but there was not one member of staff in sight. I left enough cash on the table to cover what I had ordered, got up and left. I could easily have walked off without paying but, luckily for them, I am honest.

Never again.