“Do NOT order the dessert”
Review of The Flaming Stone

The Flaming Stone
Ranked #2,253 of 2,804 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've eaten here a number of times. The meatballs are good, and I've always found the service almost adequate (although the team do appear to prefer chatting than servicing and you regularly have to go to the bar to order because they can't be bothered to wait on the tables).

Anyway, because I have more time today, I ordered the coffee and dessert. It sounds like a bargain, coffee plus three desserts for 9.50. The desserts were the size of a 2 pence coin, one mouthful each. Way over-priced and I feel ripped off.

1  Thank Pandymonium

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had to walk to the bar to order my food after sitting and waiting 20 minutes for a server to come take our order. Then had to wait for the manager to finish her conversation on the phone for 10 minutes. Food is over priced and discusting!

2  Thank Raynomio
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Over priced airport food, quelle surprise.

Wait to be seated? The server pointed at the table and said to order at the bar.

I ordered a salad that I could have made at home and made better.

I will avoid this place in future.

2  Thank Cristin L
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

If only I had read the reviews first.

Come in waiting to be seated. Several others just dander past and take a seat.

Eventually get seated at 8.55.
At 9.00 Julia takes our order...hard work.

At 9.15 julia comes back and asks if we had ordered. Advised yes from her 15 minutes ago.

Other who came in after got served.

At 9.25, decided to walk out. They didnt seem too bothered so told others in queue, who decided to leave too.

Useless service. Avoid. Should be shut. Taking up valuable floor space.

1  Thank I_Mallon
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I'm not going to waste much time writing a long review for this awful establishment. Basically, enter, seat yourself because none of the staff can be bothered with you. Wait for 20 minutes for anyone to come near you, when they still don't, go and find someone and order yourself. They do not say a word and lucky if they grunt at you. Food eventually arrives, not very hot. Your pot of tea is being given a tea bag and some hot water in a pot. My cup was stuffed with my order on a piece of paper. Try and find your own butter for your toast as the staff couldn't care less. When finished, try and find someone to pay. Awful awful place and unless every restaurant in the airport is shut down, only then consider this so called restaurant but I think I would rather starve.

2  Thank D0nLucifer