“Travel to Ireland”

The Flaming Stone
Ranked #2,293 of 2,883 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed November 11, 2015

My sister and I came here for a bite to eat before we flew back to the UK; we fancied a pizza so we came here just by chance. The service was good, quick and efficient, with the staff being very polite and helpful. The food was good aswell, for something that served food within a airport, I thought it was great. The price was reasonable aswell, I enjoyed eating here and would come again if in Dublin.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I was leaving to go on hols with my wife and 5 yr old.
Service was ok. Waitress was friendly enough and order taken promptly. That was as good as it got.
My wife ordered an authentic pizza - best description a supermarket frozen - definitely not fresh dough or toppings.
Son- sausage and chips - standard no complaints.
I got a pasta ravioli dish. Price over 16 euro. Described as homemade from a family in Galway. Flavours of basil spinach etc sounded wonderful. I asked the waitress would it be possible to add chicken - checked with kitchen but they refused - which is ridiculous as any restaurant worth its salt would never refuse such a basic request.
This dish was the worst pasta dish I can ever recall eating. Flavourless, pasta horrible and soggy.
When I went to pay at the till the customer in front of me was left waiting ignored for several minutes as one staff member took care of one simple drink order while a second filled a fridge. The other customer asked could someone sort his bill- the girl filling the drinks said a few minutes while the other staff member continued to fill the fridge - no priority to the customer.
When it was my turn to pay I pointed out the problems with the food. I was surprised that the staff member who continued to fill the fridge instead of serve the other customer was actually a manager. When I explained to him the problems his attitude was more argumentative than apologetic. I insisted on paying the full bill but don't for a second believe they would have offered anything off. To cap it off he told me that once week he sends an email to the owner and he would inform them of my complaint - wow that owner is hands on!
Terrible avoid like the plague.

4  Thank edmannion
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I ordered battered fish with skinny fries only to receive large chunky chips. Apparently they don't do skinny fries despite every place mat menu displaying skinny fries with burgers, fish, sides etc.
The waitress said the menu is very old. The manager did not know what to do and had to telephone another manager. No offer of replacement for now cold food so will leave hungry. What great service!

3  Thank Malcolm T
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've eaten here a number of times. The meatballs are good, and I've always found the service almost adequate (although the team do appear to prefer chatting than servicing and you regularly have to go to the bar to order because they can't be bothered to wait on the tables).

Anyway, because I have more time today, I ordered the coffee and dessert. It sounds like a bargain, coffee plus three desserts for 9.50. The desserts were the size of a 2 pence coin, one mouthful each. Way over-priced and I feel ripped off.

1  Thank Pandymonium
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had to walk to the bar to order my food after sitting and waiting 20 minutes for a server to come take our order. Then had to wait for the manager to finish her conversation on the phone for 10 minutes. Food is over priced and discusting!

2  Thank Raynomio