“Coriander - enemy number 1”
Review of Pho Viet

Pho Viet
Ranked #184 of 2,885 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine prepare with high quality ingredients full of flavor and taste. Highly recommend to any customers who had or have not tried Vietnamese food before. We can try our best to prepare the dishes to your taste. We can also cater dishes for Vegetarians, Vegans or Celiacs. Location: 5 minutes walk from the Spire, on the right side of the Ambassador Theatre.
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

This is was my first time trying Vietnamese cuisine. I have to say I had no idea what to expect. When ordering, I went for the safe choice of pho ga which is essentially chicken noodle soup. Upon arriving, I was astounded by the size of it, the portions are certainly generous. The dish was very tasty but my only critique is that there was coriander in it which wasn't stated on the menu and which is my ultimate herb enemy. Everytime I got a mouthful of that I wasn't to happy but overall I was pleased. It was great value and the staff were very accommodating and I will definitely be back to try something more adventurous next time!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

We decided to visit based on very good reviews and to be frank we left disappointed. Food quality was questionable and somewhat lacking of taste in all dishes we ordered. maybe we were unlucky having visited late on Saturday evening .. For food I would give 2 stars, for service 4 - the waiting ladies were very efficient and pleasant ( apart from the guy who was sitting people down ( he came across as we were a nuisance wanting a table ?? ) . and then the strangest thing happened, we got what looked like spaghetti in one of the noodles soup... it was supposed to be rice noodles. the waitress was adamant it was rice noodles .. we are still not convinced. having visited many Vietnamese restaurants over the years, never had "noodles" like this... it almost felt they have run out of rice noodles and replaced it with pasta.. anyway, personally I wouldn't recommend but as I said, maybe we were unlucky ?

Reviewed February 17, 2018

The menu is quite extensive and informative. Lots of meals are in the form of soups. Small error in service that they left us to eat soup with chopsticks and knife and fork - had to grab a waitress for a spoon. Good value and very tasty. Plan to go back

Reviewed February 10, 2018

We ate here twice because the Pho was thick and delicious! I can heartily recommend the seafood Pho and The Tofu Pho. The staff was friendly and very efficient. Be sure to make reservations on a Saturday.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

We had a really nice meal here. We both had Pho and it came with a lot of extras (sauces, herbs, chilli). The broth was lovely. The portion was ENORMOUS, but you can ask for a doggy bag if you want to. Bonus: you can bring your own beer for a corkage fee of only €1 per bottle. Really kind staff. Recommended!