“An authentic taste of Middle East”
Review of Damascus Gate

Damascus Gate
Ranked #17 of 2,724 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Syrian and Lebanese cafe restaurant and shishs bar
Reviewed 14 September 2017

magic atmosphere and the owner Gandhi is amazing!Every time we feel at home when we are in this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My first visit to a Lebanese restaurant and I was surprised by the nice flavours they have used in their meals. Had a nice meatball starter, although it did not look like "balls" but that does not mean it was less tasty!
The main chicken meal was ok, the chicken was a bit to dry, but I could cover that with the yoghurt salad Prices are reasonable and portions are big.

Had a tasty Lebanese beer to go with it, surely a restaurant to remember for a visit next time I am in Dublin again!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I enjoyed my visit to this restaurant, I found the food to be very tasty and filling. Although not cheap, the amount of food on the plate made up for this. If there's one thing that annoys me it's coming away from dinner, especially if I've paid good money for it, feeling underfed. Not a problem at Damascus Gate. The lamb kebabs were full of flavour and complemented by lovely aromatic rice, salad and hummus. I also had nice spicy roast potato cubes and the whole lot was complemented by a good house red (a Languedoc grape I can't recall). The baklava and coffee were a really nice end to the meal.
The place itself is warm and cozy, the staff and ambiance friendly.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

It's the original of the species. Authentic Lebanese/ Palestinian food. This is Mediterranean food at its finest. Whether it's lamb or chicken, flat pita breads or mezze.. hummus or tahini .." this is the place for you. It has no equals .. it is a BYOB.. excellent !

Reviewed 31 August 2017

If you are looking for good Arabic food that can fill you, eat here, the quantity is excellent with its taste, try the shaishkabab!