“Delicous Fresh Food-Highly Recommended!”
Review of Damascus Gate

Damascus Gate
Ranked #42 of 2,868 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Syrian and Lebanese cafe restaurant and shishs bar
Reviewed September 17, 2017

Have been here 4 times and will return!
Delicous food, very fresh, the menu well explained by friendly staff if unfamilair with the cuisine. All at resonable prices too, huge selection of vegetarian dishes so would suit most tastes.I would reccomend the Mezza to share with one or more people as lots of different things to try in it. I also had haloumi cheese, houmous, kibbeh, Arayess (minced lamb on flat bread) all were very good adn all served with lots of salad.
They also have a large selection of different teas which is perfect at the end of the meal
Overall highly recommended, reasonable priced adn friendly attentive staff-enjoy!

Reviewed September 14, 2017

magic atmosphere and the owner Gandhi is amazing!Every time we feel at home when we are in this restaurant.

1  Thank 602Marta
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

My first visit to a Lebanese restaurant and I was surprised by the nice flavours they have used in their meals. Had a nice meatball starter, although it did not look like "balls" but that does not mean it was less tasty!
The main chicken meal was ok, the chicken was a bit to dry, but I could cover that with the yoghurt salad Prices are reasonable and portions are big.

Had a tasty Lebanese beer to go with it, surely a restaurant to remember for a visit next time I am in Dublin again!

Reviewed September 11, 2017

I enjoyed my visit to this restaurant, I found the food to be very tasty and filling. Although not cheap, the amount of food on the plate made up for this. If there's one thing that annoys me it's coming away from dinner, especially if I've paid good money for it, feeling underfed. Not a problem at Damascus Gate. The lamb kebabs were full of flavour and complemented by lovely aromatic rice, salad and hummus. I also had nice spicy roast potato cubes and the whole lot was complemented by a good house red (a Languedoc grape I can't recall). The baklava and coffee were a really nice end to the meal.
The place itself is warm and cozy, the staff and ambiance friendly.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

It's the original of the species. Authentic Lebanese/ Palestinian food. This is Mediterranean food at its finest. Whether it's lamb or chicken, flat pita breads or mezze.. hummus or tahini .." this is the place for you. It has no equals .. it is a BYOB.. excellent !

1  Thank MrGalway