“Great place for some real ale”

The Porterhouse Brewing Company
Ranked #81 of 558 things to do in Dublin
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Popped in for an afternoon drink. We were greeted at the bar and told about the beer of the day. Not being to our taste we chose some ale from the bar. I enjoyed the red ale I had and at €5 a pint it was reasonable for Dublin prices. Great vibe in the bar even though a quiet afternoon.

1  Thank Laura R
in 15 reviews
"brewery"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Great place for pub grub younge friendly Irish feel good vibe
Write of grafton street so showed did food shoped more went back for drinks lol great day out

Reviewed 7 January 2017

I found my girlfriend and myself coming back to this place every evening to grab a nice pint: the simple reason is the amazing decoration of the pub, and the very high quality in-house brewed beers that they have on draft. Staff was very friendly and pub was clean and had a great ambience. Would recommend to any beer lover, as there are more than a dozen of unique beers to try.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Visited with a group from the UK, including 3 teenage girls. The barman didn't like the tip we gave him and became abusive. We decided to leave. He followed us outside and barged aside one of the girls to enable him to give a foul mouthed four letter rant on how it was no wonder they didn't like the Brits, we were regarded as miserable. By that I assumed miserable with tips as we had been enjoying ourselves. I sent an email but didn't even get an apology only instructions on how much to tip next time I was in New York.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 November 2016

First, this is in the Temple Bar area, where you must go to see the night life. The food was good pub food, but you are not here for the food, but rather the beer and they not only brew their own world class beers, they have beers, whiskey and rum from around the world. The place is very cozy.

You must try their beer tasting, 3* 7 0zs of beer and then decide on which you will continue drinking.

However, I must say, that our highlight was by Maris, our server, who went above and beyond any server we have met so far in Ireland. Just outstanding Maris--thanks for making our dinner, just fabulous.