New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good value & convenient! Free airport shuttle, right by a bus stop that takes you to Trinity college in 20 minutes.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #67 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Are there a lot of restaurants near this hotel? No, it's an airport hotel for goodness sakes.

But, with the buststop right there, you can take the city bus into the city for 2.euro 15 cents, making it a great choice. We stayed in the city center other nights and our last night we stayed here to be by the airport.

I stayed in a room facing the INTERIOR and it was super quiet.
Not as nice as some Hiltons as far as furniture, plushness of beds, but overall a GREAT choice and I'd stay there again.

In fact, if I went back to Dublin, this would be a great hotel from which to expore the city, since the price is half that of city center hotels and the bus made it easy to get into town. The bus was kind of fun anyhow since we got to see the locals in their daily routines.

Room Tip: I loved the rooms overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear AmericanGirl27,

Thank you for your valued feedback on your recent stay.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and you find our location so convenient. As you correctly mentioned in your review there are several buses running (bus nr. 15, 42, 43) from here to the city centre for the cost of 2.15 Euros each ways. I am glad you also enjoyed watching the locals in their daily routines.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Yours sincerely,
Hilton Dublin Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Polish first
Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Currently staying in the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel for our final night in Ireland on our honeymoon. As it is our final night we decided to call two days prior to check in to upgrade to a suite. After being transferred twice because the call center representatives seemed uneducated on this procedure, I was given a confirmation number and told I had been upgraded to a suite for an additional 20 Euro. My husband and I were excited to check in to the Hilton suite and see the hotel as Hilton has a strong brand. Upon arrival, we were told by the first front desk attendant that the suites were overbooked and she had no proof of us upgrading. I provided her the confirmation number I received and she said it did not indicate I was upgraded to a suite. Finally, we gave up and went to our room and tried to log on to wi fi. Once we were prompted for a password I contacted the front desk and she indicated that Internet was only complimentary in the public areas. I had also confirmed with the reservation agent on the phone that Internet was free. At this point, I spoke with Joanne at the front desk and explained out situation to her. As a manager in customer service in Canada, I was beyond insulted with her condescending tone. Everyone in Ireland had been so friendly up until this point, I was completely taken aback by her snarky attitude. Rather than trying to de-escalate the situation, she had told me that there was no record of me calling to request an upgrade and continued to argue this fact with me until she finally exclaimed that she will not stand there and be called a liar when I insisted I called, to which I retorted that she was questioning my integrity by doubting me. She finally offered us free Internet in our room for the night (a five euro value that we were told over the phone we'd have anyway).
The Bottom line is that we are not unreasonable people and we understand these things happen, but apologies work better than arguments and the least they could have done was offer vouchers
For the restaurant or something in attempts to make up for the error, rather than deny it.
The hotel is clean and we were able to check in early (the bed is very uncomfortable) however customer service is paramount to us and it is for that reason we are rating the hotel as poor.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear SASteeves,

Thank you for your valued feedback on Tripadvisor. First of all Congratulations on your wedding and wish you both a very happy life together!

I am certainly disappointed that your final night in Ireland on your honeymoon was not all that it could have been. Please let me take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your short stay with us. I can assure you that your experience on this occasion is not in keeping with the Hilton standards and I have passed your feedback to the relevant management to ensure similar situations will not repeat in the future.

I welcome your constructive feedback and I am truly sorry that on this occasion the standards which you had come to expect from our property had not been met.

I hope your unsatisfactionary experience has not marred your opinion of the Hilton Dublin Airport in anyway. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit to Dublin and I will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards and Congratulations again!

Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 night break. Hotel is easy to get too from the Northern Ireland. Just off the M1/N1. Parked the car in the underground car park, which is 5 euro per 24 hours. You can bring your car in and out of the car park within the 24 hours and it is still a total of 5 euro. The hotel is well situated for both the airport and the city centre, it is also across from a local shopping centre which has a Tesco if you need anything before a flight. Checkin was quick and simple and the staff were very friendly.

As we were a famly of 2 adults and 1 child we had a family room. This consisted of 1 king bed and 2 sofa beds. The room was large and very clean. Bottles of water were supplied free of charge, 6 in total for our room. The room had the usual amenities. The room was quite warm, you needed to turn the aircon on to its lowest setting to keep it cooler. The windows in the room don't open so you can't get fresh air coming in to cool down the room. One problem I had with the room was the bed, it squeaked all night long because it was on wooden slots. I spoke to reception about this and they said they are in the process of changing all the beds. Which would make for a better sleep.

Breakfast the next morning consisted of continental style and full irish buffet. The breakfast area was well staffed and clean.

I would definitely stay again if they change the beds.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear redave,

Thank you for taking the time to update the Tripadvisor with your comments on the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I was thrilled to read your comments. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the additional amenities, room and find our location convenient.

Many thanks for acknowledging our Team for their friendliness and helpfulness. We do our utmost to ensure quality and guest satisfaction at all times and we very much like to receive positive feedback.

Please rest assured that your comments on the beds has been passed on the relevant department and we are indeed in the process of changing all beds.

We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you enjoyed at the hotel as well as advising us of those areas which you feel need improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the not too distant future and thank you again for your review!

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were a couple starting on a roadtrip in Ireland. We wanted to have a good hotel close to the airport.

There were a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. A very nice and serviced minded driver took us to the hotel. This made a solid first impression of the service of the hotel. The ride to the hotel took less than 10 minutes.

Hilton Dublin Airport hotel was for us very convenient. The check in was smooth and the lady very service minded. We got a spacious room. The room was clean, modern and had all amenties we needed. We were also lucky to get a nice room with view of the sourrounding area. The hotel had nice, spacious, clean and comfortable public areas. The beds were comfortable and in general the Hilton airport Dublin gave a solid impression. We felt we got a very good value for our money and can recommend this hotel.

There is a mall in the vicinity of the hotel. Here we found a 24/7 open Tesco store. There were also buses heading down town every 8-10 minutes only a few minutes walk from the hotel. The ride takes aprox 40 min.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms Maria F,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us, I am over the moon to see that you found our rooms and services to be excellent.

We are honored to read your praising words and hope to welcoming you back for another great stay very soon at the Hilton Dublin Airport!

Thank you again for your nice feedback!

Greenvale
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and found the stay to be good. However, they seem to have issues with the air-condition with the room always warm and of course the windows do not open. I stayed on tues 3rd and although I had reduced the temp to it lowest, the room was extremely warm. I never was as glad to get out of an hotel and into the fresh air outside in all my life. I did mention this to the reception and they said they do get complaints with this issue. For me to stay again I would need to know that they have fixed the air-condition.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Beechvale
Dear Beechvale,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Hilton Dublin Airport on Tripadvisor.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to review and improve our standards and service.

I have noted your comments about the AC and I have passed it on the Maintenance Department for further investigation and action to make sure this problem will not reaccur in the future.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused but I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Hilton Dublin Airport in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Everywhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Dublin Hilton Airport. We got a great deal from hotels.com for 59 euros per night including breakfast. The staff was excellent from the shuttle drive, receptionist and breakfast staff. The room was super clean and comfy. The breakfast buffet was ok, as well, I just tend to be a little picky. I particularly enjoyed to smoked salmon, rolls, and fresh fruit. My husband enjoyed EVERYTHING on the buffet. We caught the public bus to downtown Dublin, the #42 or #43. You can only pay with exact coins, 2.15 euro. The bus stop is directly in front of the Tesco store, with the return bus stop directly across the street. Internet is free in the lobby and in the restaurant. It cost 5 euro per 24 hours for wireless in your room. We paid the 5 euro. The front desk will give you a card to sign into the internet in your room. Be mindful, that the card only last 24 hours, afterwhich, you have to get a new card from the front desk. We did not have dinner in the restaurant, but there was live music on Friday and Saturday night, the band sounded quite good. We purchased food from Tesco one night and from the grocery down the street from the Hilton (on the same side). There is also a Thai food and Coffee shop on the same side as the Hilton. We took the 4am shuttle for our early flight out of Dublin. The receptionist had Grab and Go breakfast for us! THANKS!! The shuttle was on time and took approximately 15 minutes to get to the airport. The shuttle stops at both terminals. We so enjoyed our stay! Thanks so much!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank we_out
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear we_out,

Sincere thanks for your comments following your recent visit to the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel.

I am really happy to hear you had a very pleasant stay overall and your husband enjoyed our breakfast buffet so much!

Thank you very much for praising our reception staff and our services, it is much appreciated.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for posting a review on Tripadvsisor!

Kind regards,

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I think I reviewed this hotel once when it first opened and was fairly positive. However, things have changed and whilst some of the problem was unique (which is why, to be fair, I gave the rating a 3*, otherwise it would have been 2), other parts are down to organization and set up of the hotel plus hilton policies. To begin, I booked a spring mini break rate, which includes breakfast. I was told 2x that no breakfast was included and finally after a 3rd call, it was sorted. If there is a package rate offered to honors members and it is clearly noted in the record, staff should know what it means and honor it. Secondly, I asked in the booking and again at the desk for a quiet room. I realize the hotel cannot account for people noise but I just wanted something away from the front part of the hotel and elevators; I was given a room next to the fitness centre. The sounds from there are grating. So avoid room 113. Lastly, after the much fought battle to get breakfast, i went down stairs to find that although 1/2 the tables were empty, there was a line of people waiting tables, a rather stressed woman at the desk telling me there was no space and people were waiting and general disorganization. As well, Hilton remain doggedly opposed to getting rid of its charge for wireless. the excuse use to be that the other big chains still charge; that is not the case any longer. Now they lowered their rate (it is €5 or about $7.5 per 24 hours) but have not removed it and the annoying thing is you still have to log back on and off with the voucher they give you at the check in, so don't lose it. Public spaces are free so if you opt to do either, you need a voucher from the front desk or the bar. Lastly, the very least that any hotel should include is a bottle of water in the room. I was aghast to find that the one I did take from the fridge was €3.5 for a small bottle of irish spring water. that is, folks, about $5. really ridiculous. Yes, hotels are expensive and you have to be aware of this but Hilton here really let itself down. It needs to get the breakfast act together as people staying here may well be heading to the airport and do not have time to wait for breakfast and the other stuff, just makes it more appealing to stay in.
As for practicalities. Note that Ireland really has a problem with decent hotels that are near either of the two main airports. There are a few closer in to the airport but they are not great. Carlton is fine but the restaurant bar area is not great there and if you are dependent, as yo would be, for having dinner in the hotel, this is its weakest spot. otherwise it is good. As for this hilton, it is about a 15 minute drive to the airport. They have a shuttle service that leaves from the FAR back of the car park opposite terminal 1. go to the end of the covered walkway and as you exit you will see small mini vans for hotels, Hilton waits there. They have funny departure times from the airport, basically 10 after the hour then 25 (i think) and then 55. Check though (the 10 and 55 are correct, not sure on the middle departure time). The rooms are standard hilton. flat screen, lots of channels, coffee/tea maker in room. all else fine and standard. bar/restaurant fairly good and staff are nice. so on a ranking of hotels within a reasonable distance, I would have normally said, do this one if you do not have an early morning flight but this time the experience, for me, was not great. Apart from this, notwithstanding the food, Carlton is a good bet.

Room Tip: get a room away from elevator and avoid room 113
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CavKA
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear CavKA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Dublin Airport with us.

I am deeply disappointed to read your comments, but I value all guest feedback as it enables us to monitor and where necessary improve our service.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been forwarded to the relevant departments for further investigation and action.

I regret that your expectations were not met on this occasion and once again I apologise for the problems you encountered.

Again thank you for taking the time to review us and I hope you would consider us in the future to see the improvements that have been made.

Guest Relations Manager
Hilton Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
4.3 km away
Dublin Skylon Hotel
Dublin Skylon Hotel
#27 of 150 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,636 reviews

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!