“Top quality hotel”

Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Mayo
“Top quality hotel”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed in this hotel last week for a concert at the O2. The hotel is top quality and has great staff. On arrival we were met by a friendly receptionist who booked us in, there was a porter who offered to take our bags which added to the luxury of the hotel and staff treated us with respect. The room we went for was the superior rooms which were very large and immaculately presented. The bathroom was a very good size and very clean. We could not find any fault with the hotel, it is in a good area and very quiet at night. The rooms are sound proof you really get a good night sleep. The parking was free of charge, the hotel bar was large and had a good atmosphere. We will be back here again that is for sure.

Room Tip: Go for the superior room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
It gave me great pleasure to read your review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hull
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I went to Dublin and stayed in the Croke Park Hotel to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. This was our second visit and once again we were not disappointed, especially as our son had told them about our anniversary and arranged for wine and chocolates to be left in the room, the hotel gave us an upgrade as well, it was lovely.
The room was comfortable and clean, the bathroom had seperate bath and walk-in shower, free internet and tea and coffee. There was no noise from the corridors or adjacent rooms,
We had dinner in the restaurant, excellent service and lovely food. The breakfast had lots of hot and cold food, the sausages were delicious.
Tea, coffee and toast were brought to the table by friendly staff.
O'Connell Street is about twenty minutes walk away, but Temple Bar is nearer thirty minutes, although a taxi is about ten Euros. The hotel is very easy to find when arriving by ferry.

3 Thank rover426
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Congratulations on your Anniversary !

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great hotel, we stayed there twice in jan: on arrival to ireland and on departure. The rooms opposite Croke Park are much larger than the back which was too small for a family of five.
Room service was quick food was great, staff in restaurant where friendly, Concierge very helpful, loved the free bottles of water each morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite croke Park
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent experiences with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

midlands, ireland
Reviewed 20 February 2012

One night stay with breakfast with 3 children, very impressed from the minute we checked in to our leaving next day, rooms spacious and beds most comfortable, very quiet. Staff very helpful and friendly nothing too much trouble for them. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
I cannot thank you enough for your kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife, her sister and husband and I stayed at the Croke Park Hotel last weekend as a weekend special break. We stayed in the deluxe rooms and all I can say is that the Croke Park Hotel lives up to its Tripadvisor ratings. It was first class, the evening meal and the breakfasts were beautiful, staff were very helpful, the comfort of the bed and the room decor were all faultless. Perhaps not that convenient to the centre of Dublin but don't let that deter you from booking into the Croke Park hotel. I have stayed in the Hilton Kilmainham and the Ashling Hotel and the Croke Park Hotel beats them both - although they were also very good

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

We hopefully look forward to your return.

omagh
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter and I spent a night in The Croke Park hotel for the mid term break. We got it for a great price and it was worth every penny.I am very fussy but it was spotless. Breakfast was great and they even had soya milk. The only failing the hotel has is the area isnt great, but a 15 minute walk and you are at the bottom of O Connell Street. We didnt get the hot towels or bottled water but at the rate we got it for I didnt mind

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent experiences with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

mayo
Reviewed 20 February 2012

what can i say from the staff disinterest - no one in reception and a queue had formed. when a lady did appear to answer a phone, proceeded to take call, hang up and wander away. A scene which was replicated in the bistro. After 20 minutes waiting for a desert menu i gave up and paid for my main course. it seemed more important for five staff to cluster around and do the exact same job. i assume that if i had the patience i would be waiting yet. There were drunk people wandering up and down the hall outside the rooms knocking on doors and trying to find the other people of there party. i came home needing a day off to recover from 2 hours sleep and a 3 hr drive home. the only positive thing i can say was there was a truly professional man working behind reception. about the only thing professional i found during my stay

Room Tip: dont let them put you on the ground floor or else pack ear plugs
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank i e
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was most disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered during your stay with us and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss these in more detail.

I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on Russell_hadley@doylecollection.com or on 00 353 1 8714542 to discuss your stay in more detail.

Our aim at The Croke Park Hotel is to consistently ensure that we surpass our guest expectations, but it would seem on this occasion we failed, and for this I sincerely apologise. We strive to provide our guests with memorable luxury experiences, but it appears your stay with us was memorable for the wrong reasons.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally discuss your stay in more detail.

Warmest Regards